Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Printers for heavyweight card etc??

Post Thanks / Like

Question Printers for heavyweight card etc??

Not sure this is exactly about digital arts and crafts but it's about printing, so hey ho

I own a couple of cheap and cheerful epsom printers, which work fine for msot stuff, letters, document, printing on paper or lightweight card. But I'd really like a printer that will take heavy weight card, e.g. Centura Pearl or anything else of 300gsm or above. I've tried "feeding the card through" by hand but however much I try to persuade hte card to go through, the printer just won't take the heavy weight card.

So I'm planning to invest in something that can take heavy weight card, but for the most part just can't find product information that states the highest weight for printers. Can anybody suggest a printer that will cope with this heavier weight stuff?

Many thanks
    Marie

Post Thanks / Like

A few of us on here have Canon Pixma MG5350 which has top and/or bottom feed and also has separate colours of ink, and mine takes 350gsm easily. Someone asked a few months ago about them but it would appear the price (if you can get one) had gone through the roof. I think we all paid between £60 & £80 a couple of years ago.

UPDATE Sorry Marie, its 250 and 300gsm's that I've had in - trigger happy this morning!!
    Last edited by Jacksmissis; 22-02-2015 at 12:26 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I've got the 5350 Canon as well and it works a treat with 300 gsm.

Post Thanks / Like

I have an A4 old Canon mp610 and a newer A3 ix8700 (Xmas present from OH) which both feed from the back and print on 300gsm if that helps.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a Canon A3 iX6550 and it takes heavy weight card fine. Wasn't hugely expensive for an A3 tho haven't checked for a while, and has separate inks. I found a brand of compatible inks as well so run it as cheaply as I can. Also the A3 allows you to print of 12x12 scrap pages if you want to.

Post Thanks / Like

Here's a link to a thread I started when my old printer was about to give up completely:

http://www.crafttelly.com/forum/show...ighlight=canon

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone - the Canon MP 5350 is £244 on Amazon so I'll have to save up some pennies for that one. I'll have a look at the other suggested and the other thread suggested by pyjama princess, thank you! Any other suggestions would be appreciated!

Post Thanks / Like

Mine is a cheap and cheerful Canon (I paid about £35 for it in a sale some years ago) and I have never had problems printing on Centura card with it, although it isn't something I do often.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a canon cheap and cheerful too (paid around £30 for it in staples about two years ago). Whichever printer you are looking at I think you need to stick with a top loader as the printer just feeds through the card without having to lift it from a front tray which is why I think they struggle with heavier card. Hope this helps. Take a look at Amazon where they seem to have what you are looking for at under £50. Sometimes the reviews on Amazon will give advice on the weight of card being used too.

Post Thanks / Like

This is the one I bought from Argos:

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Produc...er/1906725.htm

It takes Centura Pearl.