Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Printers for heavyweight card etc??

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Jacksmissis, when I typed my printer model number in it came up as unknown but when I typed the cartridge number in they have got some. Haven't checked the cost though.
    I love flowers

Post Thanks / Like

You're welcome !
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPig View Post
    Always worth knowing the things work- my Epson kept saying it couldn't recognise them and refusing to print. I tried all sorts of tricks to no avail. That's why I had to buy the Canon. After a dot matrix printer my very first inkjet was a Canon with four cartridges that I had for years , it was fabulous. I only had to give it up when the waste tank was full. I used it with my Acorn computer and that was truly brilliant too.
    I had the same problem with the Epson I had. Epson carts cost as much as the printer did, and it was pedantic on what it would print on. Never again, especially as I hadn't wanted the damn thing to begin with. I had ordered an HP from Argos, went to collect it, they no longer had it in stock. I complained and received a £10 voucher (eventually) but knowing what I know now I would have much rather have had my HP.

I haven't tried compatibles with the HP I have now, or tried refilling them as yet, might wait until the warranty has run out, which must be about now, give or take a couple of weeks. Bit disgruntled when in Carlisle last June, discovered it was £10 cheaper in Ryman's. Now why the flip do we no longer have a Ryman's in Barnsley? :mysmilie_478:

Roz
    Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chalet School Fan View Post
    The only drawback to Canon is the price of the cartridges - the electronics on them mean you can't get the cheaper ersatz versions I was able to buy for my old printer, nor can you refill them.
    I get some really good compatibles for my Canon from a company called StinkyInk! xx I assumed they were available for all models, but maybe not. Some compatibles are awful but when you find a good one it really is cost effective.