Thread: Great book £2.99

Post Thanks / Like

Default Great book £2.99

Aldi has a great wee sewing book, £2.99 sewing fun weekend projects, has lots of great patterns well worth the dosh, 72 projects all with good clear instructions.
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

eeh thanks for that notmorecraft, I'm going up to the hospital tomoro so I'll pop in and see if they have any, I love looking at all the stuff I can make (just don't get around too LOL!!)

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

Ooooo, that is good value. Don't think we have an Aldi anywhere near I will be going tomorrow. :(

I managed to buy Meg Evershed's book on 3D cross stitching from Amazon for less than £8. I expected it to be a bit on the tatty side seeing as it was used, but nope, it looked brand new to me, so well pleased.

Roz
    Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Roz, I've bought a few quilting books used from Amazon and they have all been in the condition described, got one that was a bit worn round the edges, but description said it showed some wear and to be fair the book cost me 99p, I paid more for postage. Waiting for one coming just now but it's coming from America. It's a good way to get craft books, which sometimes people buy on a whim or only for one particular thing. Happy stitching. X
    Last edited by notmorecraft; 23-02-2015 at 08:53 PM. Reason: spelling

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

Love buying goodies from America, got a couple of leather thimbles on order from Supermart. Discovered I need 7 count plastic canvas, checked on the prices, once again I found it cheaper from Supermart.

Roz
    Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Doesn't seem right that we have to go to USA to buy stuff that they can ship and sell cheaper than we can get here, but I've had a few things from diff parts of the world that have been silly cheap........

Post Thanks / Like

Called in the Brid one this morning, I was gutted, no sewing! they had Knitting/Crochet/Beading and Card Making all at £2.99 and they looked nice too, well worth the money. Went off to find one of the "suits" and asked him if they hadn't been put out yet? He said he'd look but came back with sorry, none in the back and they do come in mixed boxes so they must have all gone. Going up to Scarborough Friday so I'll have a look there. Lovely books NMC, thanks!