Thread: Where did that bird poo come from!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Where did that bird poo come from!

I haven't been in my craft room since Tuesday so fancied a bit of crafting time today. What a sight that greeted me. Bird poo everywhere! The little mite was perched on a pile of card. He must have flown in through the open window on Tuesday and been trapped ever since. I had been making some scrunched flowers so had a pot of water in there so he had been able to have a drink. He flew out as soon as I opened the window. So I have spent 4 hours clearing up. Wet poo every where. On my die cutter, cards that were drying, scissors, die cutters,and even up the wall(how did he do that?) So no crafting for me today I'm exhausted. What's stopped you having a crafting session? I'm just watching Chloe to help me relax. Where does she get her lovely dresses from. She wears some fabulous ones.
    Happy crafting
    Lin

Post Thanks / Like

Oh dear
    Poor you and poor bird
    We had that happen once
    Except silly bird would not go back out the window
    I had to wait till dark and try to creep up on it but it saw me and flew in my face
    Manage to catch it an put it in a box till morning
    When I let it go it kept coming back to the door and did so for weeks while I fed it
    You don't have to be as mad as a box of frogs to be here but it helps:mysmilie_13:

Post Thanks / Like

I've had a bird trapped in my bathroom. I was ill in bed with flu and the bed head was against the wall between the bedroom and the bathroom. Kept hearing this strange noise so dragged myself out of bed but couldn't see anything - then heard a rustling in the cupboard under the sink. Grabbed the cat and shut it in the bathroom as I thought it was a mouse/rat. The cat was useless so went into back garden in my dressing gown and saw the next door neighbour so he came in and got it out for me. He thinks the bird thought the open window was the eves of the house as the hinge was at the top. Thankfully it wasn't in the bathroom long enough to make a mess. Hope you haven't lost anything valuable from your stash Linnick.

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

You poor thing, bird poo does make a nasty mess, I know, had a similar experience myself. Dragged one of the cats upstairs to catch the thing which was under the wardrobe. While I was trying to move said wardrobe, Sylvester was slinking off back downstairs. Managed to move the wardrobe, bird flew out and out of the open window. Left a lot of mess that needed cleaning up though.

On another occasion Gemma was making a racket at the back door, me thinking she was dying or something, yes it really sounded as though she was, opened the door. Huh, bird flew in as she had dumped it on the step. Went into the lounge in time to see Jinks take flight and catch it. No way was he going to drop it for anybody, so out he went with the bird still clutched in his teeth. Wouldn't mind betting he then let it go as he was more of a ratter. As for Gemma, well I had never known her bother to catch anything before, if she caught anything again she didn't bring it home.

Roz
    Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog

Post Thanks / Like

After the drama of the pigeon coming down our chimney I am determined to get cowls because another one (same one?) went down next door's chimney (onto a fire - ouch) a couple of weeks ago and another went down a chimney a couple of doors up around the same time.

Post Thanks / Like

You lot are freaking me out :mysmilie_466: I am terrified of birds, I've just went round the house making sure all the windows are only open about half an inch, usually leave back door open so the mutts can wander in and out, off out this morning to get one of those screen thingies, mutts can either stay in or out.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by notmorecraft View Post
    You lot are freaking me out :mysmilie_466: I am terrified of birds . . .
    Just heard on the news that a large flock of black birds has been spotted near East Kilbride - like those in the Hitchcock film. :grin:

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CraftyFee View Post
    Just heard on the news that a large flock of black birds has been spotted near East Kilbride - like those in the Hitchcock film. :grin:

Oooo, you are sooooo nawty! :mysmilie_481:

Roz
    Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog