Thread: Memory Bears!

Essex to the left, London to the right and Kent straight ahead!
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Memory Bears!

Hi All,
    May I please ask the assistance of you very knowledgable folk? ( grovel grovel!!!)

I am looking for a pattern to make a Memory Bear out of old sports shirts.
    The problem is , all the patterns I have found have a seam down the tummy front for shaping.
    I want to use a club logo as the tummy and cannot cut the fabric in two sections.
    Any ideas please?

Anne

Post Thanks / Like

You could omit the seam and cut on the fold of your tee shirt, the problem may be if your pattern is shaped over the tummy and you would loose the shaping. You could try a Google search for patterns with 2 body parts, I'll have a look and see if I can find anything on any of the sites I regularly visit.
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Had a look and all the patterns for nice looking bears have tummy joins, what about making the bear in the traditional method and making a separate tee shirt to wear keeping your motif intact?

Post Thanks / Like

Think your cutting with the centre line on the fold is the best idea NMC, that's what I would do. The shaping for the chubby tummy could then be cut into the side seam - you would need to cut it proud by about 1/2" from just above the "waist" to the "botty" to give you an extra 1" overall, then you'd have loads of room for abit of extra padding for his/her tummy, and still have you logo central on the main part. Try it on a bit of spare material or maybe an old duster EA.
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

Essex to the left, London to the right and Kent straight ahead!
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for that. I need to experiment with this idea before I actually go ahead with cutting the sports shirt up!

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

I would agree with what others have said, as in placing the centre on the fold. Teddy doesn't have to have a huge tummy anyway, at least Sandy doesn't, and he hit the BIG 50 last September, think it was September. He does have a seam down his middle, he also sports a damaged ear, and a green spotted bow tie. He came with a red bow, but no idea where that went, so I gave him a new one instead.

Roz
    Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog