Thread: Scan and Cut

Post Thanks / Like

Default Scan and Cut

Sorry if I have posted this on the wrong board. I have the chance of buying a nearly new (used 4 times) Scan and cut for £200. I'm so tempted ........Figure it would pay for itself as I would have to keep buying dies. I know it has a small screeen, but am I right in thinking that I can do the design manipulation via Canvas? Also read somewhere that you need to use a certain type of usb stick ? Mmmmmm ......Would you go for it at tht price?

Post Thanks / Like

It certainly seems a good price, but I can't help I'm afraid as I have the Silhouette. There are however members on here who have the Scan and Cut and are really pleased with the machine.
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Do you know why they are selling it? The thing that put me off was firstly the price, so £200 seems good. The second and most practical was the small screen, as I love working on a computer and can see what I'm doing. I would imagine at that price you will need to make up your mind quick as it will be snapped up.

Post Thanks / Like

See it working if you can. By that I mean not just cutting but scanning and then cutting. Some have had to be returned for being faulty and the Guarantee may not be transferable. I would really try to find the reason for selling. Some people just didn't get on with them and so it could be a bargain. Good Luck.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Guys, thanks for your feedback.

Machine is working on all functions........Gentleman is selling due to his wifes sudden ill health from which she will not recover enough to be able to use it. .......very sad .

Food for thought about the warrentte though.......So will double check with Brother and will also check that I will be able to register the machine onto Canvas, as looking at the site yesterday you have to enter the machibe serial number......though i have a feeling that they never got that far with it. If I get good feedback from Brother and I will take it, I have first refusal, ..... Sad about the selling circumstances, dont feel comfortable, gaining from someone elses misery..... but much better than letting it gather dust I supose.

Post Thanks / Like

I seem to remember registering the serial no. was about the Guarantee - which, when I bought mine, was just for US owners. UK customers didn't register the serial no for that purpose at that time.

Post Thanks / Like

It all sounds OK Teejay, but would it be possible for you to actually go and try it? Forgive us for being too cautious but I guess many of us have learned the hard way!

Post Thanks / Like

Save your money and wait for the New brother Scan and Cut to come out it looks a bit special.
    Here's the link to the video showing the new machine https://www.facebook.com/brotheratmy...type=2&theater

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by richyrails View Post
    Save your money and wait for the New brother Scan and Cut to come out it looks a bit special.
    Here's the link to the video showing the new machine https://www.facebook.com/brotheratmy...type=2&theater
    There are not huge differences with the new one. If you can get the older one at a good price and the new parts coming out aren't something you must have then it could be a good buy.

Also with the new one we don't know when (or if) it's coming to the UK yet.