Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Funky Hand closing down

Post Thanks / Like

Default Funky Hand closing down

I have just received the following email from Funky Hand

I started Funky Hand in my back bedroom in 2006 as a complete change of career direction and since then it's been a wonderful rollercoaster of new experiences. Good and bad !

I am now making another change and I have started a new career working in Digital Marketing.

I can't close the virtual doors without saying goodbye and thank you to all my wonderful customers. From today until next Saturday (8th August) there is a BIG sale over on the website. For example all my downloadable paper collections are just 50p each! Come over grab some Funky Hand stash before we close.

Thanks for everything & happy crafting
    Anice xx

www.funkyhand.com

Anice's cds were some of the first crafting cds I bought. I hope things go well for her.

Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

ooh I liked that girl Deefy, she's lovely - havent seen her for a long time. I too hope it all goes well for her.

Post Thanks / Like

Really sad as I have all her CDs and bought a Zutter binder to make the wordbooks. I was just playing with them to make some Chr....... wordbooks this week. I suppose in the craft industry today there isn't space for small, imaginative companies like Funkyhand. A great pity.
    Sounds as if Anice is enjoying a new career path, from what she wrote on her blog. I wish her well.
    Last edited by Chalet School Fan; 02-08-2015 at 09:39 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so sorry. I have all her cd's. I wish well in her new venture.

Post Thanks / Like

I have all the CDs too. I wish her well for the future.

Post Thanks / Like

I used to like watching her on Create and Craft in the days when C&C used to welcome small companies, before they concentrated on bigger, all make the same product companies.
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I've been over and put an order in and also sent her a note. If you're wanting to order, do be quick, many things are sold out peeps.

Post Thanks / Like

Like you all I have all her CD's. Was never interested in the individual downloads - maybe that's where it started to go wrong - shame - another company gone. Good luck to her.

Post Thanks / Like

I just read her blog post and the reason for closing isn't to do with lack of business. In 2014 she found she was losing her passion for designing - even going so far as to clean her bathroom instead of being at her desk. She's been considering closing for sometime and started her new job a few months ago.

Post Thanks / Like

My one and only crafting CD is one of hers and I bought it specifically for the wordbooks. I made about 25 of them using her CD and then I bought my Cameo and of course it was so much easier to use that for the wordbooks. I always enjoyed her demos too.