Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A record for me 12 minutes to make a card.

Post Thanks / Like

Default A record for me 12 minutes to make a card.

I'm just very proud for making a quick card (quick for real) in only 12 minutes.:D

It's not a masterpiece I know but I like the fact it didn't take me too long to make it. I can remember taking ages when I started card making !

It still takes me a good hour for a more involved card though. Don't panic I know it's a Christmas card but it's for my weekly blog challenge so there's method in my madness. :p

Materials are all Hot Off the Press, the greeting is an acetate/transparency from a HOTP kit.
    Fab

My Kimtag Profile ! :)

Post Thanks / Like

Great card Fab; very modern with a traditional twist. Off to bed now tired... Nite nite

Post Thanks / Like

Lovely card Fab and what an achievement in 12 minutes :D

With HOTP it usually takes me at least double that just to choose the papers I like

I've had quite a productive weekend too - after very little crafting for weeks, I've turned out nearly 20 cards so far, with ideas ready for a few more tomorrow

Not going to post any pics though, because quite a few are for swaps on here :)

Post Thanks / Like

Brilliant card Fab and an amazing achievement in 12 minutes. It takes me forever and a day just to choose papers sometimes

Post Thanks / Like

12 minutes? It takes me that long to find the glue! Lovely card Fab and the timescale is impressive

Post Thanks / Like

Great card Fabyon, looking forward to seeing more (no pressure lol)

In the picnic basket next to the jam sandwiches
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sugarplum View Post
    12 minutes? It takes me that long to find the glue! Lovely card Fab and the timescale is impressive
    :D You and me both SP. I spend much longer looking for things than I do using them!

Looby

Post Thanks / Like

lovely card fab.:) love the colours and only 12 min wow.

Post Thanks / Like

Great card Fabs - reminds me, must start thinking about doing some Christmas cards...Except, when I get my Xmas stash out (it lives in an 'under bed' storage box under DD's bed), hubby rolls his eyes & starts making all sorts of comments. I am determined to make less licky sticky cards this year though, which means starting earlier
    Don't get your knickers in a twist; nothing is solved & it makes you walk funny....

My Womblings

lolathelamb Guest

Well done, Fab, lovely Chrissy card. The timescale proves we all spend too much time worrying what to use/do when sometimes grabbing a kit and just doing it would be far easier. Still think it takes an accumulation of skills and confidence to pull it off in such style as this card exhibits.

Am about to begin my very first batch of charity cards. My local WI are having a coffee morning in aid of MS and I have MS so they asked me to make cards - I think it is a lop-sided compliment.

I wonder if I can ask in your thread, Fab, for advice: when making charity cards, do you think 'blank for your own message' is an acceptable label for a blank insert? I will add a paper insert but wonder if it's a waste for me to print them?

Thanks Fab.