Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Silhouette designer edition.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Silhouette designer edition.

I an thinking of upgrading to the silhouette designer edition my questions are. Is it safe to buy from the US? Can anyone tell me a good site to buy it from? And most importantly is it worth it? I love my machine but would have loved to have basic shapes like the other cutters.

Post Thanks / Like

I bought mine from SVG Cuts. It was about £20 and they give you a voucher for about $10 worth of designs, I think their sets are good value, great instructions with videos on line and, in my experience, and reported by others, excellent customer service. Emails answered within 24 hours. I think it is worth it at that - but depends if you use it! HTH.
    Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Can you get it from Graphtec? As the UK service provider I would expect they would be sound. Yes it is worth it.

http://graphtecgb.co/download-cards-software-cds/
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I also purchased mine from SGV Cuts, it was easy and simple to download and it does have lots of extras. It cost around £18/20 and included a free voucher

Post Thanks / Like

Mine came from Graphtec jube, but those prices that clumsycrafter and Caz have had are excellent. And yes I think its worth it (on the odd occasion mine is out that is!)

Post Thanks / Like

Think it will be SVG cuts thank you everyone.

Post Thanks / Like

I upgraded but I don't think there is much extra in the designer edition. The only bit I notice is the 'nesting' feature which is great.I got mine from SVG cuts too.

Post Thanks / Like

I may be wrong but I think you need the Designer version if you want to use your Serif in conjunction with Silhouette cutters.

Post Thanks / Like

You can also import SVG files. I think it has the rhinestone function - but never used it.

Post Thanks / Like

I bought the designer edition at the very beginning, so I don't know any different. However, I've just had to buy a new desktop computer and had to download the basic edition before I could install the designed edition. I noticed that there were 3 download options - basic, designer and business. I wonder what the 'business' edition does. Personally, I would download the basic edition from the Silhouette website, and then upgrade to the designer. I trust them as a company.
    Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked for this post