Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bag for life - sewing your own - material advice

Post Thanks / Like

Any sort of curtain fabric too, would be OK. I made a simple bag at a guerilla bagging event a few years back (still using it)
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Essex to the left, London to the right and Kent straight ahead!
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by glynisrose View Post
    Any sort of curtain fabric too, would be OK. I made a simple bag at a guerilla bagging event a few years back (still using it)
    I've got a really strange vision in my head now!

Something along the lines of King Kong with a Tesco bag on his head!

Sorry Glynisrose, Just my silly sense of humour!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by glynisrose View Post
    I just did a search on guerilla bagging and came up with this site
    http://www.morsbags.com/

Could be helpful
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RozMinis View Post
    But sweetie it wasn't meant to be a drag bag, honest it wasn't. Wouldn't be a great idea to have dragged it up the hill to the train station in Harrogate either. Though the way Christine and I were feeling (as in dog tired) it was all I could do not to drag the thing. Honestly we were both as high as kites, though nothing more than cola, tea and hot chocolate had been drunk, honest. There will be three of us this time, but at least we won't have to bother with the train. :)

Roz
    Roz, the drag bag is fine for the craft halls, but for getting to the train station you need one of these!!

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Summer View Post
    Roz, the drag bag is fine for the craft halls, but for getting to the train station you need one of these.
    Hmmm, not sure I would manage to get up that hill though. Maybe I could have strapped it to the skate thingie, then pulled it along. :)

Tad disgruntled in Wilko's this morning. Needed a ball of pink double knitting for my baby girl teddy bear, was going to buy it from Dot, but noticed they had some in Wilko. Well I have loads of the 10 pence plastic bags, but didn't want my ball of yarn mixed up with anything else, so I asked for a small bag. 5 pence bags are all we have I was told. I only want it for the wool, so a small one is what is required. Nope, we don't have those, only those at five pence. So I politely said I wouldn't bother with the yarn in that case. Was passing through the market and picked up a ball there, which was duly popped into a small bag.

On checking on what plastic bags we can have free, I discovered it doesn't say anything about anything that is likely to get soiled by sharing a bag with other produce. Fish, meat and poultry, plus spuds and stuff like that are free, anything else, nope. In fact the powers that be also want us to pay for those as well, even for the paper bags from the pharmacy have been called into question. Although I do agree that too many plastic bags are only used the once, then dumped, I think there needs to be a little common sense.

My plastic bags have always been used several times, often being recycled at Dot's shop of the charity shop. The trouble this morning was that apart from the two 10 pence bags, all my others had found their way to Dot. Anyway what with one thing and another I now have several bags, all acquired in the market area. As for the ball of yarn from the market, I did actually add other items to it that would get grubby, as in three reels of sewing cotton and several buttons that would have got lost in my bag.

Roz
    Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog