Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Xtra Large Square dies

Post Thanks / Like

PressCuts arrived.

Took the largest of the Tonic squares and matched it with the corresponding Presscut. Did one pass in the GC on same 300gsm card. No difference in the cut.

The outer edges of the Tonic dies are about a mm wider than the Presscut presumably to accommodate the little lining up notch they have. Tonic also come on a little magnetic sheet whereas the others don't.

All in all for a plain die I am very pleased especially at the price. I don't give a monkeys about magnetic sheets or the lining up notches, With my eyes I can barely see them anyway.

Just edited to say both Tonic and Presscut have narrower outer edges than Spellbinders.
    Last edited by Julie; 16-10-2015 at 09:39 PM.
    Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info Julie. I think I will give them a go. I'm not bothered about magnetic sheets and notches either.
    Also would prefer the narrower edge at least they would be slightly different to the spellbinders I have, as I will have some duplicate sizes I guess.
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

(ooh, head hung in shame!!)...............my sister bought me a Presscut stepper die for my birthday last year, yet something else thats not been out of the packet. I really must get cracking with all my stash for everything. Dave B was waxing lyrical (sp) about NEC the other day & Jack said if you want to go wel'll make a couple of days of it and stay over, now whilst this would be lovely how can I justify that with all the stuff I've moved down here AND all the stuff I've sold/given away? It would be very wrong.....................wouldn't it??????!!!!!!!!!!!
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Just saw this post. I have been looking for large circles dies and found them on Joanna Sheen's site. I haven't heard of Presscut but they seem very good value.

Post Thanks / Like

Also check out the Iconuk site, they seem to be a very good price onthere and free postage

Post Thanks / Like

I am going to give the largest die a right hammering tomorrow, so will see how it handles it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Julie View Post
    I am going to give the largest die a right hammering tomorrow, so will see how it handles it.
    Julie I think you are supposed to use a die cutting machine not a hammer lol
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

You don't have to be as mad as a box of frogs to be here but it helps:mysmilie_13:

Post Thanks / Like

LJ's right Julie, you'd invalidate your guarantee with an hammer chuck - best to use a a machine.