Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Have you seen......

Post Thanks / Like

Default Have you seen......

.... all the wood boxes. drawers. etc on sale at the works? If you like decorating boxes etc the works have some good ones. Free postage over £10. There's a pack of 8 drawer sets for £12, some lovely fretwork top boxes. bird houses and more. May be worth a look
    Lin

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

I've bought several over the last few months. Most are really good quality too, though one or two edges have needed a rub down with a spot of sandpaper.

Roz
    Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog

Post Thanks / Like

I've bought quite a few as well. I love The Works and visit every week. My hubby always asks me if I'm feeling alright if I walk past without going in! Cheeky beggar!

Sorry JM but I love their ribbon.
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Now then Deefy, don't start on a slippery slope with blessed ribbon again.............think of all the other stuff you'll be able to buy??

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jacksmissis View Post
    Now then Deefy, don't start on a slippery slope with blessed ribbon again.............think of all the other stuff you'll be able to buy??
    Where did the word 'start' come into it JM?

Post Thanks / Like

'Coz I thought you'd seen the light months ago Deefy - I believed in you!! I do agree though that the works get some nice things in, and reasonably priced as well!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jacksmissis View Post
    'Coz I thought you'd seen the light months ago Deefy - I believed in you!! I do agree though that the works get some nice things in, and reasonably priced as well!
    Everyone knows you're not supposed to go towards the light JM........

Post Thanks / Like

Their ribbon is gorgeous, and definitely to die for. Much cheaper than anywhere else as well, even cheaper than the market, and that is saying somat.

I must have been feeling unwell yesterday too, didn't go in at all. Mind you I did nip into Poundland, don't usually do both as the pennies don't usually stretch to both, especially as I have to save something for Dot to sell me. Yesterday it was fabric, a couple of rubber stamps, and one of the C******** dies. ;)

Roz
    Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

Post Thanks / Like

I may take myself and my gammy knee into the city centre when OH has an appointment. Love the Works and there a seat outside I can sit on unless the bloomin' council has taken them up again. They like taking these seats away and have to put them back again when the public complains!

Post Thanks / Like

Our council removed all the seats when they were making way for the new outdoor market. Needless to say peeps got a bit cross, so they started putting tables and chairs outside various shops instead. Excellent idea that, should have come up with that idea before I reckon. They have also returned some of the seats, though not in their original place. I'll say one thing for our council, if we yell loud enough, they do listen. ;)

Roz