Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How does Sarah Hurley get away with it?

Post Thanks / Like

Default How does Sarah Hurley get away with it?

She has appeared for more weeks than I care to remember, boring us with colouring in for hours at a time but now she is doing Art Journaling shows, I thought mmm, maybe she has learnt a new skill. I love art journaling and have many books of certain artists so I know it supposed to be slightly grungy but she is behaving and speaking as if she is working with playgroup children. Her finished work is looking like something I stuck on my fridge years ago when my kids were at school.
    I find her manner quite rude and childish. Her 'banter' as Lee is calling it because he seems uncomfortable presenting the show is very curt and immature. Don't know if she is as rude with the other presenters as I do tend to avoid her colouring in shows.
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I have found the book colouring quite monotonous. Perhaps some might enjoy a bit of colouring-in therapy and that's great but is it crafting?

Perhaps there is a dearth of good craft presenters.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I've seen some of the colouring shows and it seemed like a waste of time. Should be demonstrating some colouring techniques not just colouring away quietly. Haven't seen art journal show.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mitzi View Post
    I've seen some of the colouring shows and it seemed like a waste of time. Should be demonstrating some colouring techniques not just colouring away quietly. Haven't seen art journal show.
    Well no doubt you will see a repeat. Lee was trying to liven up the show and save her from dropping off to sleep by asking this and that but everytime she answered she seemed rather rude and immature. I could feel the vibe between them wasn't too good at all but even if she prefers working with other presenters she certainly shouldn't show it so noticeably.
    I've been with Hochanda from day one and look forward to most of their papercraft shows so i hope I don't sound like I'm having a go at Hochanda. Most guests are brilliant and the way they are allowed to demo alone is all we have been asking for. Its great. Just wish the colouring shows weren't repeated so much, well maybe they're not, its just each show looks the same!
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

I find these shows tedious, would much prefer to watch somebody colouring in stamped images, at least we can make something out of those. Hardly ever have the sound on, so no idea what demonstrators and/or presenters are banging on about most of the time.

No idea what art journalling was, so had a look on t'Internet. Wished I hadn't bothered, not my scene at all. If it isn't something I can make for the fluffit/woofit shop, fiends/family, or just occasionally fer mesen, then I ain't interested.

Roz
    Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog

Post Thanks / Like

I love art journalling! Not keen on the colouring shows I have to admit and don't find Sarah very easy to watch, but I don't watch much Hochanda at all. xx

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, Seems like I'm in the minority because I love the colouring shows and in particular Sarah and Lee as it's obvious they are good friends and can have this 'banter' between them. The recent shows have made me laugh and smile (something I haven't had a chance to do much all year) and I enjoy seeing other people colouring in.

I can understand some might be bored but I think maybe you have mistaken her manner as rudeness when it is just an act with her and Lee.
    I think the title of the first post is a little bit harsh to be honest. Just my 2 pence worth.
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Slightly off topic but I enjoyed the Aqua Pen shows yesterday with Dawn. She went back to basics and it was very watchable.

Post Thanks / Like

Tastes differ; it's good to hear that you're enjoying those shows. Some of the Create & Craft presenters get on my nerves with their constant jokes etc. but others find them hilarious and really enjoy watching them. Vive la difference!
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't come across Dawn before Hochanda - was she on C&C in the past?