Thread: Adhesive aka scrapbooking hour again!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Adhesive aka scrapbooking hour again!!!

Just wondered if anyone managed to tune into this exciting hour of adhesive, plastic wallets and old kits. QVC have some really nice scrapbooking kits in stock and they never seem to have RM sell those, I don't get it.

Is anyone else finding these scrapbooking shows rather dull now as they seem so samey and it just seems like all QVC want to sell is adhesive.

It's a shame RM doesn't get the chance to show her techniques in these hours. She is a talented woman and it seems a shame she cannot go through different techniques, as it is highly likely she'll be selling adhesive in every hour she presents in. :(

Post Thanks / Like

Must admit, I thought that too, Scissorhands - although having said that, I did buy the refill pages

That K&Co kit has nice stuff in it, but very old now! What with that, the Xyron runners & the Wackytac, there was hardly anything interesting at all in the show.

I don't get why Rosemary has to wheel out all this stuff on her shows time after time either

Post Thanks / Like

Hi
    Had to say I totally agree - I managed to tune in for a couple of minutes here and there as 3-4 pm is time for the school run and I could tell immediately I had not missed a thing. First the xyron runners and then when I cam back from school 30 minutes later it was the back end of wacky tac and then the xyron runners again!!!
    Maybe Rosemary is held back from demonstrating the good stuff and its kept for just DB to do - and make cards with. IMO

xxxx

Post Thanks / Like

not the runners and the wacky tac again!!!! and why on earth do they have to spend so long on these items! its not rocket science what you do with it :(

Post Thanks / Like

It's beyond a joke, there must be alot of money in glue, is all I can say! I video'd it, so was able to fast forward through the xyron runners (12 mins, so 20% of the show), the wacky Tac and that really old K&Co kit, which now looks so very dated.

Post Thanks / Like

oh dear doesnt sound like it was a very good show

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, I thought it was dull too. Perhaps they have over-bought stocks of Wacky Tac and the runner things and are desperate to sell them - at least that's how it comes across.

The K&Co is nice, but so old now and people want to see new things. It was nice to see Rosemary on, but disappointing that they didn't have a better selection of products.

BTW I bought the Stix 2 tape things (like the Zyron) and the first time I used one it came straight off the runner. It's been a nightmare getting it back on and I think I've wrecked it now with trying. Is this normal? I wasn't heavy-handed with it, but my first impressions is that they're not as great as they look on TV!

Post Thanks / Like

BTW I bought the Stix 2 tape things (like the Zyron) and the first time I used one it came straight off the runner. It's been a nightmare getting it back on and I think I've wrecked it now with trying. Is this normal? I wasn't heavy-handed with it, but my first impressions is that they're not as great as they look on TV![/QUOTE]

I bought the Stix 2 silicone glue. The last time I used it I noticed that it had set quite a lot in the tube. Then I discovered why. The screw cap had broken, the middle section had split away. I have now put a piece of cooking foil underneath the cap and hope that will work. I've not used very much so will be cross if the whole tube dries up.