Thread: Magnetic knife block

Post Thanks / Like

Default Magnetic knife block

LIDL is selling a magnetic knife block (no knives included.) I've bought one for my craft room; I've got it on my desk and am sticking the dies I'm "currently" using on it, instead of having a messy stack of them which then get buried under papers etc.

It's not cheap, at £7.99, but it suits the way I work and might be useful for others. If you're a neat and tidy crafter, you probably don't need one.

The magnet is really strong; it's difficult to remove the dies unless an edge overlaps the board.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

eeh Mitzi, what a brilliant idea, well done chuck! I bought one of those ages ago and never used it 'cos I've no-where suitable for it to hang and its still in the packaging.

Post Thanks / Like

This one stands on the worktop, it's big and chunky, doesn't hang on the wall. But hey, if you've got a knife board sitting around doing nothing, why not repurpose it for your dies?

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

I could have done with one of those last week. Could have stuck my 1" hexagon to it while I was finding more paper. The blessed thing still hasn't turned up. Ended up buying 450 paper hexies from a seller on eBug. :(

Roz
    Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Ah I see! Mine is a long strip in stainless steel and its meant to screw to the wall and you put your blades onto it - still would do for dies as you have. Ta!!

Essex to the left, London to the right and Kent straight ahead!
    Post Thanks / Like

Wandered into Lidl today whilst waiting for daughter and saw this knife block still on sale. I got myself one , it's perfect for the fiddly dies from the mini side stepper tatty lace mag "freebie"!! They are soooo ickle I havent used it yet for fear of losing them!
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post