Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Has anyone bought anything in the sales?

Post Thanks / Like

I got a We R Memory Keepers cinch in 2014 at a deal price and have bought the perpetual calendar, recipe and journal kit in the sales to use with it. I want to transfer my hand written recipes to somewhere safer instead of the pieces of paper that fall out of my Cookery Books. I used my cinch to make my scrapbook for Shimelle's Journal Your Christmas this year.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPig View Post
    I got a We R Memory Keepers cinch in 2014 at a deal price and have bought the perpetual calendar, recipe and journal kit in the sales to use with it. I want to transfer my hand written recipes to somewhere safer instead of the pieces of paper that fall out of my Cookery Books. I used my cinch to make my scrapbook for Shimelle's Journal Your Christmas this year.
    I want one of those! They had them in the sale on C&C last week but it seemed to be an older version (I think). There seems to be a version 2 which I take is newer.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by glynisrose View Post
    No, am saving for a new cooker......
    A cooker? What's a cooker?
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know what the difference is- can't really see how it can be updated but I am sure they have thought of a reason for us to shell out again.

This is why:

New and more accurate cinching bar system
    Now compress binding from .325 to 1.25 inches! (The original requires an adjustment bar for smaller wires, sold separately).
    Easy to turn knob at top of cinch bar for selecting wire diameter
    Improved cinch platform with filled-in columns ensuring more circular wires
    Improved inner gear ratio for fully retractable punching every time
    Stronger springs inside for easier punching

Post Thanks / Like

Blimey sounds more like Concorde
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by glynisrose View Post
    No, am saving for a new cooker......
    Had to invest in a new washer/dryer a few weeks ago. What with that, the camera I bought for 'himself' for Christmas, and the Kindle Fire for meeee, I reckon I need a year off from buying craft stuff. We also have five holidays/short breaks booked, plus one to yet to book for October, so although not exactly skint, I really do need to reign in my spending habits somewhat. Who knows, one may have to replace the telly, Freesat box, or a laptop or two before the end on 2016, so need to keep cash handy for those as well.

Roz
    Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog

Post Thanks / Like

I've never really got on with We R Memory Keepers stuff. Even the bag making thingie defeats me on a bad day. I had one of their hole punching thingies, can't remember what it was called. Ugly great brute that I found impossible to use before the accident, so no chance after. Flogged in on eBay, and even made a profit. C & C were selling them at a greatly inflated price, whereas I had bought mine from QVC many moons ago. The buyer was happy, I was happy, and I am pretty sure eBay, PayPal and Royal Mail were also happy. In other words, smiley faces all round. :)

Roz
    Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Deefersmum View Post
    A cooker? What's a cooker?
    Oooo you evil little thing. Ha, I should talk, not sure I can remember how to turn the blessed thing on anymore. I can just about manage the toaster, and I am good with the leccy kettle, oh and I am 'boss' woman with the washer/dryer, but anything else...... forget it. :)

Roz