Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Attitude

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gandeer View Post
    I love the color combination and your art style. Do you have any more images to share?
    Hi and welcome to the forum!

Thanks for your kind remarks. I have to confess that the style is more the teacher's than mine, although I love it and was extremely pleased with it. I don't have much else to show because I rarely get things finished; I usually leave classes thinking "I'll finish this when I get home" but I rarely do. Then I intend to create something myself, instead of at a class, but I hardly ever get round to that either. And as I owe cards for the birthday swap on here (got behind due to a bereavement) I know I need to be making those rather than playing about for my own amusement.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Love it, the Stampotique girls are my faves. Which paints did you use, the colours are lovely.

My Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Susan W View Post
    Love it, the Stampotique girls are my faves. Which paints did you use, the colours are lovely.
    The background squares and circles were painted with distress inks. The tutor had some very posh watercolours we could use, but I thought I'd better use something I have at home, so I could finish it off. The girl (Gooseneck) was coloured with Spectrum Noirs, if I remember correctly.

The backing paper (an old book page) and fabric were dyed dark purple with Dylusions ink sprays (purple and black.)

I can’t remember how I did the ink splatters; probably also from the Dylusions spray inks. The white “blobs” are one of the Ranger texture mediums through a Tim Holtz stencil, then half edged with grey pencil to create a “shadow”. The mini text stamped in some of the background shapes is from some clear stamp sets which were £1 from The Works.
    Last edited by Mitzi; 31-10-2017 at 12:04 PM.
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post