Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Your thoughts please

Post Thanks / Like

Default Your thoughts please

I wanted to learn some techniques so I decided to make this http://www.crackerboxkits.com/ViewItem.aspx?ID=90 - If you click on the video I have made it up to the 1minute 20 seconds point and am quite pleased with it so far.

However, all though my daughter obviously likes it she "can't see people hanging it on their Christmas tree" i.e., - don't make me one mum! I make most of the family quilted or folded star Christmas decorations every Christmas and they are much requested (there's a whole board of them on my Pinterest site if you don't know what I mean) but this seems to be too ... I have no idea but definitely not what they want. I, on the other hand am enjoying making it and was going to do some designs of my own - rather less regal than this and perhaps more Victorian but now do not know where I can take this.

Do you think there is something I could do that would appeal to the younger more, perhaps, country, rustic, shabby chic generation. All comments gratefully received!
    Think this links to my Pinterest board http://www.pinterest.com/chucklemouse/

Post Thanks / Like

I think they're beautiful. I bought some plain baubles in the sales and was thinking about doing some beading to decorate them. Yes, some look quite dated, but that one is stunning. Love it and can't wait to see your finished version.
    Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Forgot to add, I'm 42 if that makes any difference!
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I think it is beautiful - I would hang it on my tree!

Post Thanks / Like

I love it as well but I am old.

Years ago I decorated some polystyrene eggs but I don't think they were quite as complicated.

I love flowers

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you all for your kind comments. Glingle - my daughter is in her early 40s too but does like a very simplistic look. Clumsycrafter (I'm sure your not :sm2ile: ) I may just put this on a hanger on it's own for the time being and see if it inspires. I am sure there is a way forward with this kind of beading. It really isn't very difficult; fiddly and lots of measuring at the beginning though and getting hold of the silk covered polystyrene shapes is very difficult although I have found a source now. Waterlily, I wonder if eggs are a better way forward?

What started me down this route was seeing beautiful hat pins (and not many people wanting hat pins :sm2ile: ) used in cards and altered arts.

Thank you all for your thoughts - more cogitating to be done I feel :sm2ile:

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure that it's an age thing - I'm 62 and it's bit OTT for my tastes. I wondered whether it was just the colours, so I had a look at some of the other styles. Many were even less to my taste!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Granny Penny View Post
    Thank you all for your kind comments. Glingle - my daughter is in her early 40s too but does like a very simplistic look. Clumsycrafter (I'm sure your not :sm2ile: ) :sm2ile:
    Oh I am. Just crafting yesterday - I have a bruised bum, pulled muscles in my abdomen and arm - why? Cos I fell off my bliddy chair!! Stop laughing - now!
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

It was as if you could see me reading that Clumsycrafter :-)

I don't think it is and age thing either PurplePenny. They would not normally be my "thing" although I liked this one and I wanted to learn the techniques. More than anything I am left feeling "what would I do with it". I do think Christmas is the one time you can be OTT though. You have sparked a germ of an idea - which is what I really wanted - though. I shall do some more thinking.

Post Thanks / Like

It was as if you could see me reading that Clumsycrafter :sm2ile:

I don't think it is and age thing either PurplePenny. They would not normally be my "thing" although I liked this one and I wanted to learn the techniques. More than anything I am left feeling "what would I do with it". I do think Christmas is the one time you can be OTT though. You have sparked a germ of an idea - which is what I really wanted - though. I shall do some more thinking.