Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Leonie - arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sue View Post
    Phill Martin is another one, only he laughs really loudly in frequent sudden bursts when he's on. Nothing funny has ever happened at the time as far as I'm aware.
    Phill is laughing at things the voices in his ear are saying to him.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know why Philll feels the need to wear an earpiece, or any of the demonstrators for that matter!
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

They are given 'direction' by the gallery as to what they need to do to sell more or improve the demo.

Post Thanks / Like

I understand what they are for, but most demonstrators choose not to wear them. The presenters should take the instruction and guide the demonstrators, otherwise the viewer has to endure one sided conversations and outbursts of manic laughter.
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPig View Post
    They are given 'direction' by the gallery as to what they need to do to sell more or improve the demo.
    If so, most of them don't even listen to the advice!

The demonstrators don't need to wear an earpiece - just concentrate on the job in hand, and let the presenters guide them. It's so rude when they respond to the gallery and it makes them look silly.
    Likes 4 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I blame the people in the gallery. The can be very unprofessional. Andy Love sometimes says 'you should hear what they've just said - the things we have to put up with'. The presenters/demonstrators shouldn't have to put up with it. They are the face of the channel and it's very unfair of the gallery to make silly remarks to them whilst on air. Can you imagine a call centre operator or bank clerk trying to do their job with someone whispering comments in their ear. I like a laugh (I'm told I have a good sense of humour) but it should be related to what's going on and everyone included in the joke.

http://pamelaspages.blogspot.com/

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pyjama princess View Post
    Andy Love sometimes says 'you should hear what they've just said - the things we have to put up with'. The presenters/demonstrators shouldn't have to put up with it.
    On one show Andy was getting a bit tetchy with the gallery and he said that Dave B just turns them off. He said if ever you see Dave reaching round behind his back and fiddling with something he is actually turning off the control pack for the earpiece so he can't hear the gallery any more.

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

Good on Dave, I'm all for turning a deaf ear, hence why I/we seem to have the sound off most of the time, even on the morning news! I have often wondered why folks have 'music' on really loud in their cars, all that dum dum dum can't do much for their ears.

Dawn doesn't seem to interact with the gallery as much as she did on QVC, although what really gave me the pip on that was the constant 'getting drunk' syndrome that seemed to go on in each show. We would be told half a tale, then told that we had better not hear the rest. Quite right too, but then we shouldn't have been inflicted with the first half either.

Roz

Roz
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog