Thread: Another C******** ornament

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile Another C******** ornament

Mill Hill beaded one this time. Think it was one I bought last year with my birthday money, Soooo as I will be a year older a week on Tuesday, you can tell how long I have had it. On the other hand, it may be one I bought with my C******** money. Who knows, all I know is that I still have six perforated paper ornaments and six of the fabric ones to stitch. Not sure if they will get done this year or not as there are still seven of the Just Cross Stitch challenge ones to do. :)

DSCN6848.jpg

Roz
    Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Aww I adore this one too Roz! think there's only me and thee not sunbathing today chuck!!

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't been sunbathing either - don't like sitting out in the sun. I've actually been crafting, but nothing as pretty as your creation Roz.

Post Thanks / Like

Me n t'sun don't really get on very well together as I burn easily. had to go up to the post office in Hoyland this morning, so wore my hat. Miffed to find that the computers were down, so I couldn't post my parcel. :( Paid for it via eBay/PayPal tonight, so at least I will be able to hand it to them in the post office tomorrow even if their silly pooter is still down.

Been doing some crochet today. Those crochet animals are flippin' well addictive, the Toft donkey even more so as the alpaca wool is to die for. Wondering if I ought to spend that £50 on another three animals, or should I be sensible and wait and see what Jane Greenoff will have on her show on Monday. Hope they let us know before Monday though as I won't be able to see the show until at least Thursday, by which time stuff will have sold out, always assuming there will be something new on the shows that I haven't already bought. Still waiting for the two watbow's I bought with my £10 VIP credit and money from flogging stuff on eBay.

Haven't done any stitching today, unless you count sewing up the one and only seam on my lacy cowl. I have spent so long on that thing I no longer like it. Wish I had made a shawl or two instead. Oh well, plenty more fine wool in my stash. ;)

S'posed to be going to chuck it down tomorrow, though they keep changing the time. They said early morning to begin with, but now it is late afternoon. Wonder if they actually know what they are banging on about half the time. At lest cooler and wetter weather will help control my hay fever. Even 'himself' has been suffering with it.

Roz
    Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

Post Thanks / Like

I've often wondered about that Alpaca wool - it sounds lovely, as did that 'blue faced leicester' that is hard to get hold of - think both of them are known to be not irritant and nice to sork with. Think I'd plump for the wool Roz - Jane's on alot with lovely things so you have plenty of choice later chuck.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't do hot so seeing a C............... decoration was great.
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jube View Post
    I don't do hot so seeing a C............... decoration was great.
    Thank you chuck, I aim to please. ;)

Roz

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jacksmissis View Post
    I've often wondered about that Alpaca wool - it sounds lovely, as did that 'blue faced leicester' that is hard to get hold of - think both of them are known to be not irritant and nice to sork with. Think I'd plump for the wool Roz - Jane's on alot with lovely things so you have plenty of choice later chuck.
    It is goorrrgeous to work with, expensive, but what the heck, I am keeping the wee chap for myself. Will put a picky of him in the knitting section in a min, even though he is crochet, not knitted. ;) I've had a look on Jane's website and there are some nice new goodies, so I might wait until the weekend and see what might be on her show on Monday. You never know, there might be another of those brooches on the show that aren't on her website. There is also a Parchment Lace show on Tuesday, Soooo there might be another magazine. Hopefully they will let us know what is on the show on Sunday as well.

It would be nice to be able to buy everything at one go, saves on postage. Not that I have to pay postage on Jane's website, and I also receive the 10% discount as I am a guild member. received the latest guild magazine last week, two of the three projects in it are a must do, the other could very well be a possibility as well. ;)

The two snow....... watbow scissor keepers arrived yesterday, directly from Jane, rather than going the long route via Hermes! Lovely they are too, though I don't think I will be using them with the scissors (they were included) would prefer using them as tree decorations instead. :)

Right will go and put up a picky of Dynamo in the knitting section. ;)

Roz

Post Thanks / Like

Aww - when I've got rid of some of my stash I will treat myself!! I think there is another mag due from Parchment Lace seem to think Rosella was telling Andy good few weeks ago. I'm not over smitten with Clarity's Groovi system, but then to be fair I havent given it a good go. And when I was shading I went thru a few times which is my fault for being heavy handed. Its the practice I need peeps, the practice!

Post Thanks / Like

I need more practice too. Haven't tried the Clarity thingies, decided I have more than enough other stuff to be going on with, so don't need to add yet another system to my overcrowded craft room. :)

I'm working on a hedgehog (DMC pattern) for Ricky who comes to the stitching group. Started on it this morning before I set off for the hospital for what I thought was my last appointment, but Mr Farag said he would like to see me in a year. Aw bless, he is such a sweetie. Did a little bit more this afternoon after the racing, but could hardly keep my eyes open. Wonder why knitting and crochet send me to sleep, yet cross stitching has the opposite effect.

I have already made the squirrel and fox, but not all that happy with them. Ricky is happy enough, which is the main thing. The trouble with the hedgehog is that I am working with a £1.99 per 100gram ball of acrylic, which isn't quite the same as alpaca. :(

Roz