Thread: More stitchy stuff

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool More stitchy stuff

First a biscornu I have made for a birthday prezzies for a friend.

Biscornu for Jean.jpg

The second is yet another C******** ornament, the June Just Cross Stitch challenge.

JCS - June 2016.jpg

Roz
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog

Post Thanks / Like

What's a biscornu?

Post Thanks / Like

Aww bless, lovely Roz!

Mitzi I think it means somat like "small cushion or small pillow" one of those things that hasn't really an identity of its own? (do correct me if its different Roz)

Post Thanks / Like

Lovely work once again Roz. :)

What is the Just Cross Stitch challenge - I must have missed your post about it. I have read the magazine since the 1980s and have always like their C*********\s designs, but have rarely got around to making many of them!

Post Thanks / Like

Beautiful designs and so delicate.

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

Biscornu is French for irregular shape, at least that is what Jane Greenoff says anywhooo.

The Just Cross Stitch Challenge is a Facebook thingie https://www.facebook.com/groups/1059...64470549756097 It isn't run by the magazine, but by a Facebook group. Must admit I wasn't keen on many of the designs in the 2015 C******** issue, but having made them up I am quite pleased with the finished product.

Working on the July one, wasn't at all convinced by it, but so far I am really pleased with it. Only started it because I decided to use the same fabric as I used for June, plus a couple of earlier months. It wasn't a fabric I would have chosen myself, but I joined the Sparklies fabric of the month club three years ago, and it was the first one I received. The following month was a similar piece, should have asked if I could swap it for something else, but didn't. Anyway it is ideal for C******** projects, soooo I am not going to complain. :)

Roz
    Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog