Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Clarity Stamps Retreats

Post Thanks / Like

Hi maybe we could meet next time you are over? Sound like you are having a lovely time really jealous enjoy tomorrow.

Almy

H
    Quote Originally Posted by Chalet School Fan View Post
    Had a lovely day - over the course of a whole day Barbara is calmer and she is a good and encouraging teacher. Today was different techniques with ink and specialty papers in the morning and using Groovi plates to design something more individual. Tomorrow is all about paint and the Geli plate, which we've been warned will be messy! :)

I would like a craft retreat in Guernsey as well - it is my favourite holiday destination as we live near Gatwick and it is so quick to fly there. We had our honeymoon there and still go back regularly for our wedding anniversaries. Add in a craft retreat as well and I'd be a very happy bunny.
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

CSF, thanks for taking time to update us and I'm glad you had a good day. Enjoy tomorrow too!

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds brilliant. Pleased you're having a good time and learning new techniques. Barbara is full of good ideas.

Post Thanks / Like

Had a lovely time today playing with stencils, inks and paints to achieve very different effects. I even learned how to master the brayer! :) Learnt lots of new techniques which I will be able to adapt to my style of cards. Also means I'll be able to make more effective use of my stash - those things you buy because you've seen it demoed on TV, but have forgotten what to do with them by the time they have been delivered!

If anyone is tempted to go on one of the Clarity retreats I would recommend them. Most people came from a distance and stayed in the area overnight, making it into a short break - it is an attractive part of the country with plenty for other halves to do during the day. One of the ladies on my table was staying in her motorhome at the the local campsite. With only 32 people there is plenty of personal attention and the opportunity to make new crafty friends. And a file of useful notes and bits and bobs to take home.
    Last edited by Chalet School Fan; 21-07-2016 at 07:02 PM. Reason: Predictive text error. Grrrrr!
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I even learned how to master the desecrated! :)
    Erm... is that a typo? !!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Should have read BRAYER - the predictive text on my Kindle does produce some ludicrous alternatives! I'd proof read it as well and only added the brayer as an afterthought. Word now added to the Kindle dictionary. :)
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

Should have read BRAYER - the predictive text on my Kindle does produce some ludicrous alternatives! I'd proof read it as well and only added the brayer as an afterthought. Word now added to the Kindle dictionary. :)
    Love the predictive text!!! Actually I love reading what other peeps send, but when it comes to the stupid words my Kindle Fires comes up with............. it has heard a few nawty words from me I can tell you. :(

Roz
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog