Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Electric die cutting machine , which one?

Post Thanks / Like

Hi dax

I found that my ebosser wasn't cutting in the middle of the plates and not even embossing much either. I usually make A4 cards so need a full A4 embossed sheet and if I want to cut big designs it was a pain plus all the moving it around turning etc shimming I don't have the patience for it. I think I'm ok with 2 times through the machine but can't be doing with 4 and 5 times not when you are trying to sell your cards.

The TODO was a total disaster the plates move and you end up with a double cut but still not in the middle and the handle is hard to turn while wrestling with the plates trying to hold them still. The dial is way off the setting given and it doesn't even foil. Mine was rusty underneath. Enough said about that.lol

Hi mitzi unfortunately carpel tunnel isn't a priority operation and it takes a long time to get to the surgery part. I've been waiting so long I've gone through most of the stages with it like the numbness and pins and needles I don't get them anymore just the electric shocks and then I can't use my hand for a while, the last one left me without the use of my left hand for 2 weeks. It's a nightmare because I can't chop anything and have to buy it all done for me. Those electric shocks are nerves being trapped. I was worried about being awake for the operation but now I just want it done asap.

Pyjama princess I will see if I can find him and pm him see if he can give me the bizz on the Gemini good and bad.

Am I asking too much that one of these machine actually cut within 2 passes? They cost enough I think most of the time you should get a good result or the dies should have more of a cutting edge. My GC is pretty good at doing most dies first time.

Thank you all

Post Thanks / Like

Fellow CTS sufferer here. Do you do wrist stretching exercises for it? At first for me they cleared it up completely, it has got too bad for that now, but they do help lessen it.

Do you find you have to sleep with your arms in a particular position? I must look like a zombie in bed because I have to lie on my side with my arms and wrists straight out in front of me. Sometimes I must curl my arms and fingers up in my sleep, then the pain wakes me up and I have to straighten them out and wait for the pain to slowly ebb.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd love a scan n cut............. anybody got one? I've got a bug and grand calibur which I hardly ever use now, time being the problem at the moment but I am beading a bit which I find relaxing and it helps me switch off for while.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by freedom99 View Post
    Hi dax

I found that my ebosser wasn't cutting in the middle of the plates and not even embossing much either. I usually make A4 cards so need a full A4 embossed sheet and if I want to cut big designs it was a pain plus all the moving it around turning etc shimming I don't have the patience for it. I think I'm ok with 2 times through the machine but can't be doing with 4 and 5 times not when you are trying to sell your cards.

The TODO was a total disaster the plates move and you end up with a double cut but still not in the middle and the handle is hard to turn while wrestling with the plates trying to hold them still. The dial is way off the setting given and it doesn't even foil. Mine was rusty underneath. Enough said about that.lol

Hi mitzi unfortunately carpel tunnel isn't a priority operation and it takes a long time to get to the surgery part. I've been waiting so long I've gone through most of the stages with it like the numbness and pins and needles I don't get them anymore just the electric shocks and then I can't use my hand for a while, the last one left me without the use of my left hand for 2 weeks. It's a nightmare because I can't chop anything and have to buy it all done for me. Those electric shocks are nerves being trapped. I was worried about being awake for the operation but now I just want it done asap.

Pyjama princess I will see if I can find him and pm him see if he can give me the bizz on the Gemini good and bad.

Am I asking too much that one of these machine actually cut within 2 passes? They cost enough I think most of the time you should get a good result or the dies should have more of a cutting edge. My GC is pretty good at doing most dies first time.

Thank you all
    Pauline my eBosser is fine at embossing all over with A4 card and it did depend upon the die used whether I had to turn and put through again. I do find my new Cut'n'Boss does cut slightly better and nearly always taking one pass.