Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: C******** in July

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

Default C******** in July

I dunno, it just isn't the same as it used to be way back in the early days of the 21st century. QVC seem to have lost their way somewhat. What happened to Thomas Pacconi, Mr Christmas, and goodies of that ilk. I used to look forward to Dawn Bibby with her midnight TSV, Carol Smith from Bucilla, but these days there is nothing interesting at all.

Roz
    Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Those were the days
    I can't remember the last time I bothered to watch QVC myself
    But hubby likes to watch Richard Jackson
    Then I point out that the items are cheaper elsewhere and the reviews are c..p
    You don't have to be as mad as a box of frogs to be here but it helps:mysmilie_13:

Post Thanks / Like

I'm the same, you used to get great bargains with Kipling, but their more expensive and you can get cheaper elsewhere. I only buy my Decleor when it's TSV as the is usually still a great buy, I did buy the TSV sketchers last week tho ����

Post Thanks / Like

I used to get my decleor from salon skincare as it was cheaper then the tsv's
    Also got Gatinue in little sets for £15.00 when they were £40 on qvc
    Not bought any for a while though as I have too much
    You don't have to be as mad as a box of frogs to be here but it helps:mysmilie_13:

Post Thanks / Like

I Haven't watched QVC for ages. I used to love the C........ programmes and have lots of decorations from way back then.

Was it QVC who used to do the Thomas Kinkade stuff. I had a leaflet from The Ashton-Drake Galleries with a beautiful Father C........ decoration. I'm umming? and ahing? about it but it's rather expensive. I really only remember him for the painting of light.
    I love flowers

Post Thanks / Like

Yes I'm pretty sure Thomas Kinkade used to be on QVC. Not to my taste, but it takes all sorts...

Post Thanks / Like

I wasn't too keen either Mitzi but I only remember the paintings. I do quite like this Father Christmas though - he stands 3ft high and is quite traditional.
    I love flowers

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

Yup, I think he was on QVC. I like some of his work, but one can have too much of it. My hero is still Terry Harrison, love his work. I still have the signed goodies he gave me at the NEC, also one of his cricket prints that 'himself' bought me. Of course 'himself' does a lot of his work in the Terry Harrison style, so there are lots of similar stuff on our walls.

Can't remember the last time I watched QVC, well apart from this morning when 'himself' thought it might be a good idea to check out the toys. I think he only did it to see if the helicopter was on. It wasn't a helicopter, but something similar.

Much cheaper to buy plants elsewhere. We used to buy from Parkes, but these days we tend to only want a few bits and pieces, so buy as and when we see them. 'Himself' bought some lovely petunias from Tesco earlier in the year, then I had a fun time bringing a load of stuff from the market one Saturday. Honestly I only went to sort out an Iceland order, came back with five bags of plants. Decided it might be a good idea to try some Hosta plants in that part of the garden that doesn't get any sun. Brilliant, bought a pack of six for £14 on eBay. Could have got 20 for round about £25, including postage and free stuff, but heck, that part of the garden is only small, 20 would cover half the field out the back as well.

I don't do beauty products, especially not at the prices that QVC charge. I doubt they would make any difference anyway, and having seen some of the demonstrators, well............... let us just say they are not the greatest advert for their products.

Roz
    Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog

Post Thanks / Like

I don't watch now either. We did used to buy quite a lot of plants from them but now buy from the auction houses (one has closed now though). Definitely go there for the hanging basket stuff. We also have a place nearby that sells plants fairly cheaply, the plants are good but small.
    I love flowers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RozMinis View Post
    I don't do beauty products, especially not at the prices that QVC charge. I doubt they would make any difference anyway, and having seen some of the demonstrators, well............... let us just say they are not the greatest advert for their products.
    Roz
    Harsh, Roz, harsh!
    Harsh but true! LOL!
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post