Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: It's incredible!

Post Thanks / Like

Default It's incredible!

I'm watching the repeat show for Sentimentally Yours from last night and am in fits of laughter - admittedly I haven't watched the whole show, but in a space of about 3 minutes Hayley has said 'incredible' at least 8 times - so funny. I keep thinking she'll realise what she's doing and stop but she doesn't.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Comment deleted.
    Last edited by Sue; 26-07-2016 at 11:21 AM.

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

I am convinced some presenters really do have a very limited vocabulary. It is one reason why when I do watch any of the craft channels, the sound is off.

Roz
    Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog

Post Thanks / Like

It must be hard though, I find commenting on people's craft blogs that I run out of words and I have time to sit and think. There's only so many times you can describe a card as stunning, wonderful, beautiful or lovely!
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't want to be a tv presenter. The more I realise I'm using a particular word, the more I use it!

Post Thanks / Like

If they didn't feel the need to add their comments, constantly, they wouldn't keep repeating the same words.

Post Thanks / Like

Very true Sam. :)

Roz
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

Post Thanks / Like

Is Hayley a presenter (employed by TV channel) or a demonstrator from the supplier? I tend to hold them to different standards, because a presenter has chosen TV work as their career and therefore I expect them to live up to certain professional standards and, basically, be good at it. I think they're fair game for criticism if not. I'll allow more leeway for the demonstrators, especially when they're new, because it must be quite daunting during your first few times on live TV, scared you're going to accidentally swear or whatever. They might never have wanted to be on TV, but feel like they have to, to promote their products. They must be thinking about all sorts of things and the particular words coming out of their mouth (other than "NOT SWEAR WORDS") are probably quite low on their list of priorities.

Post Thanks / Like

Hayley is a presenter, Mitzi.
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

No idea who the presenter on the quilling this morning was, but she really wasn't very good. I haven't seen her before, so perhaps she is new to telly work. She didn't have much of an idea as to what Pat Green wanted her to do, although she said she had done quilling before. Alex who presented the show this afternoon was totally different. Even when she had a problem with the quilling tool, naughty tool, she worked her way round it. Sigh, between Alex and Pat I ended up buying both the autumn and winter kits. Love quilling, though I haven't done any for a wee while.

Roz