Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Help please!

Post Thanks / Like

duplicate post
    I love flowers

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Jan thank you.

I've got the Le Plume and Whispers tried them out yesterday and they aren't any good - dry out too quickly or not evenly on the stamp. Mine are old too lol.

Meant to add that the black emboss one came this afternoon.
    I love flowers

Post Thanks / Like

Mine have dried out
    But I have had them years
    They worked ok when I first had them though
    Wonder if pro markets or spectrum noir will work
    I don't do stamping or colouring never mastered it
    So have no idea about all the new pens
    You don't have to be as mad as a box of frogs to be here but it helps:mysmilie_13:

Post Thanks / Like

Tried the Promarkers as well Jan, no good I'm afraid. Don't think I've got Spectrum Noirs. They just don't seem to stay wet enough to put the embossing powder on. Most of the ones I've tried stamped to different degrees, one wasn't bad at all but I can't remember which pen I used. None were anywhere near as good as the black embossing pen. I'll try and put a pic of the ones I've done. Should have written what pens they were beside them!!!!!!!
    I love flowers

Post Thanks / Like

I use a water-based pen like Distress Markers or Artiste, then breathe on it just before stamping to reactivate the ink. You have to have the embossing powder open and ready to use straight away as the ink dries really quickly, but I've managed to do it. Mind you, it was on smallish images.

For the dried up embossing pens - can you open them? If so, you could try dropping a mixture of glycerin and water in to reactivate them. I've done that with ordinary water based pens (with more water than glycerine), but I've never tried it with an embossing pen (I'd use more glycerine to water for that).