Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Help please!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Help please!

Wonder if anyone can help please. I'm trying to stamp a poppy, the petals are more or less solid colour and so is the middle. I want to emboss it all and don't know if there is an easy way. I've tried putting the powder round the outside (petals) but can't get the excess off successfully. The middle is even worse, I've tried turning it quickly but powder still goes on the petals. I really can't see an easy way to use the stamp with colours unless you paint them on and wouldn't know what to use for that.

I'm probably missing something but haven't done any papercrafting for ages and my memory is defunct lol.
    I love flowers

Essex to the left, London to the right and Kent straight ahead!
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry not exactly sure what you mean but could you try using an embossing pen just on the area you want it rather than using an embossing pad?

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Anne thanks for the reply, sorry it's a bit vague

The trouble is I want both bits embossed in different colours, if I did one bit first with the pen I'd never get it to line up for the second lot. I tried just sprinkling a small amount of embossing powder in the middle but there's always surplus and the same with the petals. Think I want the impossible lol.
    I love flowers

Essex to the left, London to the right and Kent straight ahead!
    Post Thanks / Like

Good luck .Hope you get it sorted.

What if you stamped the image in a very pale coloured ink and them pen embossed over the top one section/ colour at a time.......sorry ...just thinking out loud..so to speak!

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Waterlily. Are you using an anti static bag to keep the excess embossing powder at bay? Can't think of anything else that would help - sorry.

Post Thanks / Like

Could you use coloured embossing pens directly onto the stamp, stamp it then throw clear embossing powder over the whole lot.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Anne might give that a try.

Hi Craftysusan, I am using the bag.

Hi Julie funnily enough I just watched something similar on youtube. I think I've got some pens somewhere if they haven't dried up by now. Sounds like it might be the quickest way.
    I love flowers

Post Thanks / Like

duplicate post
    I love flowers

Post Thanks / Like

Hi waterlily, the way I usually do it, though I've not tried with 2 colours, is to stamp into versamark, then immediately stamp into coloured ink, then onto paper. Versamark is then on top for you to add powder - if any of that made sense!
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

My Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Hi again Waterlily. If your project works out I would love to see a picture if you have time to post one.