Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Help please!

Post Thanks / Like

Will try to Susan, Just got back from shopping. Bought some nice card and matching paper from Lidl. Having a cup of tea then I'll go and try the suggestions. Haven't checked if I've got coloured embossing pens yet though, know I've got the clear ones.
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

I love flowers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Julie View Post
    Could you use coloured embossing pens directly onto the stamp, stamp it then throw clear embossing powder over the whole lot.
    Hi Julie

Managed to find a set of coloured embossing pens and it worked beautifully, wrong colours mind you lol. Pink flower with yellow middle not quite a poppy lol. Thank you.

Off to see if I can find the right colours.
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

I love flowers

Post Thanks / Like

Found some embossing pens on Amazon they wanted over £10 for a poppy red one and £4 something for the black one. Didn't bother with the poppy red one far too much money IMO went for a different red one.
    My searching skills are so bad I can never find anything easily lol
    I love flowers

Post Thanks / Like

Cre8tive Online has them for £1.67, odd figure that, maybe they add on vat. Delivery is £1.99 though so probably not worth it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Waterlily View Post
    Hi Julie

Managed to find a set of coloured embossing pens and it worked beautifully, wrong colours mind you lol. Pink flower with yellow middle not quite a poppy lol. Thank you.

Off to see if I can find the right colours.
    Just googled poppies and not all poppies are red. Some lovely orange, pink and yellow ones too.

Post Thanks / Like

I saw Tina Cox (the parching lady) do the centre of a sunflower by putting a blob of glue on and sprinkling tea leaves on it if that any help?
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Craftysusan View Post
    Just googled poppies and not all poppies are red. Some lovely orange, pink and yellow ones too.
    Hi Susan

I was going to put something about that lol. We've got lots of poppies in our garden all different colours and very tall they are all double ones though. Hubby collects the seeds and throws them on the bank that runs down to the dyke, they look beautiful but have finished now. Not sure about the middles though, think that's what put me off lol.
    I love flowers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jacksmissis View Post
    I saw Tina Cox (the parching lady) do the centre of a sunflower by putting a blob of glue on and sprinkling tea leaves on it if that any help?
    Wow, would never have thought of that in a million years. Have to give that a try, I use loose tea too lol.
    I love flowers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Julie View Post
    Cre8tive Online has them for £1.67, odd figure that, maybe they add on vat. Delivery is £1.99 though so probably not worth it.
    Thanks Julie, I'll go and have a look.

I found some on Ebay or Amazon, ordered 3 and they put £2.95 postage for each one even though they were from the same 'shop' - didn't bother lol!
    I love flowers

Post Thanks / Like

https://www.theglitterpot.co.uk

They have dual ended pens for £1.99 each p&p is set by order value
    £5-9.99 is £1.00
    £10-19.99 £2.00 and so on
    Just realised I had some some pens in a box had them so long I forgot, they are probably all dried out now
    They are le plume they are available on Amazon in different sets about £16 for 12
    Whispers were always good but can't find them online anymore
    Also stampin up ones were good
    I'll keep looking
    Will try my red ones see if the are ok if they are I'll post them too you
    Last edited by Little Jan; 09-08-2016 at 12:34 PM.
    You don't have to be as mad as a box of frogs to be here but it helps:mysmilie_13: