Thread: Hello

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hello

Just popped on to say hello. I haven't been crafting for some time due to various reasons but hopefully I'm getting back on the wagon!
    I haven't even been watching the 3 craft channels until this week and was surprised at all the changes. I am amazed at the prices. They seem really high!
    I was hoping to buy a few things to get me started again but at those prices I will raid my stash. As far as the Disney dies are concerned I cannot believe they had the cheek to offer them at such a price when you cannot sell anything you make due to copyright. Due to high price of dies I had a look on ebay. I found some that look very similar to some I have by spellbinder and tattered lace. They are from China. Could they be the places the big guns go to have their dies manufactured?Here's a couple of item numbers if you fancy looking 182219035978 & 182236636045. I have order 5 dies for £8.15- a bargain if they work. Anyway I'm off to raid my stash for some inspiration
    Happy crafting
    Lin
    Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome back Linnick. Have fun with your purchases.

Post Thanks / Like

Lovely to see you posting. I rarely watch any Craft TV these days too.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome back enjoying your crafting
    You don't have to be as mad as a box of frogs to be here but it helps:mysmilie_13:

Post Thanks / Like

Mornin chuck, nice to see you back - and you're not by yourself, there's alot of us who have either lost inspiration and/or mojo!!

(update! just been over for a "look-see" and bought loads lol ! also, they have stamps and stencils - all feedback good too, thank you linnick)
    Last edited by Jacksmissis; 11-08-2016 at 08:36 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by linnick View Post
    Just popped on to say hello. I haven't been crafting for some time due to various reasons but hopefully I'm getting back on the wagon!
    I haven't even been watching the 3 craft channels until this week and was surprised at all the changes. I am amazed at the prices. They seem really high!
    I was hoping to buy a few things to get me started again but at those prices I will raid my stash. As far as the Disney dies are concerned I cannot believe they had the cheek to offer them at such a price when you cannot sell anything you make due to copyright. Due to high price of dies I had a look on ebay. I found some that look very similar to some I have by spellbinder and tattered lace. They are from China. Could they be the places the big guns go to have their dies manufactured?Here's a couple of item numbers if you fancy looking 182219035978 & 182236636045. I have order 5 dies for £8.15- a bargain if they work. Anyway I'm off to raid my stash for some inspiration
    Happy crafting
    Lin

Hi - glad to see you are posting again.

Please let us know how well the dies cut - sounds like a bargain!

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to see you back and posting linnick
    I love flowers

Post Thanks / Like

A big welcome back from me .

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome back from me too. I think just about all dies are manufactured in China these days, as is nearly everything else we import. Knitting yarn in Turkey, sewing threads and cross stitch threads in Germany, apart from DMC who are still French. I nearly faint when I find something made in the UK.

Roz
    Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to see you're OK. Enjoy your "return" to crafting; welcome back.