Thread: Looking for some advice please.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Looking for some advice please.

Hi everyone I am looking for some advice I have been asked by a neighbour to make a birthday card for her 11 year old autistic son all I know is she wants bright colours. I wondered if anyone had any ideas of where to start please.

Fuchsia. X

Post Thanks / Like

Does he have something he really likes
    My daughter has worked with some mildly autistic children in school
    And said they like repetitive things
    And putting things in groups so maybe brightly coloured animals or shapes
    Happy Birthday with all th h's one colour all the p's another and so on
    Sorry I can't be of more help
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

You don't have to be as mad as a box of frogs to be here but it helps:mysmilie_13:

Post Thanks / Like

How about a bunch of different colour balloons spelling his name - i.e. one letter in each balloon - as long he isn't scared of balloons!

Colourful bunting across the card spelling his name above something he likes, like LJ suggested above.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Victoria View Post
    How about a bunch of different colour balloons spelling his name - i.e. one letter in each balloon - as long he isn't scared of balloons!

Colourful bunting across the card spelling his name above something he likes, like LJ suggested above.
    I was going to say exactly the same thing! Perhaps you could emboss some of the balloons so they have texture? Or/and cut them in different mediums so they feel different to the touch? Glitter card? Mirri card? Fabric?
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you so much for your suggestions they are great just messaged his mum for his likes but love the balloon and happy birthday ideas so going to try them both she wants his name on the card also xx

Post Thanks / Like

Duplicate post
    Last edited by Fuchara; 26-09-2016 at 07:32 PM.

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fuchara View Post
    Thank you so much for your suggestions they are great just messaged his mum for his likes but love the balloon and happy birthday ideas so going to try them both she wants his name on the card also xx
    Good to know that folks here are a help. I wouldn't have thought of some of the ideas myself, so ta muchly folks, I can see me giving some of the ideas a try. If one is making a card especially for a person, be it child or adult, I think it is a lovely idea to add their name. I used to do it when I was selling my cross stitch cards at craft fairs. Many customers would request something specific, and I would always ask if they wanted names/dates on them.

Roz
    Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog