Thread: Quilted ornament

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile Quilted ornament

This is s'posed to be a pincushion, but I decided to make it into an ornament instead. It is worked in traditional English quilting, Italian quilting, and French quilting.

Quilted ornament.jpg

Roz
    Likes 4 Member(s) liked this post

Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog

Post Thanks / Like

It makes a beautiful decoration.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks very delicate Roz. How nice.

Post Thanks / Like

So pretty Roz.

Post Thanks / Like

Far too nice to have pins stuck into her Roz.
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with JM, it's gorgeous.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

I love flowers

Post Thanks / Like

I sent a photo to the designer of the kits, she pointed out that the holly looks as little odd at the points, so told me to give the stuffing a poke or three with a needle. Will do that tomorrow. Must admit I do find Italian quilting much easier to do than trapunto. Need more practice at that I reckon. ;)

Roz
    Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

Post Thanks / Like

ooh cheeky monkey!!

Post Thanks / Like

I don't mind being told it isn't right if I am given tips on how to put it right. I had a go with it this afternoon, still not perfect, but it does look better. At least next time I will know to use the finer crochet hook to get into the corners before I put it together.

I was having a rummage in my bag of stuff I haven't started on this morning. Actually I was looking for a small spring hoop, well smaller than the one I normally use anyway. I found it in the end, but no idea where the yellow and pink spring hoops have vanished to. No matter, at least I found the one I really wanted.

I couldn't believe just how many Jane Greenoff kits I have, plus all those bookmarks I keep buying when we go on our hols. There are also a few other kits for various techniques, including Rowandean, gold work, crewel work, and a needlepoint kit I bought two years ago from Sue Hawkins. Hmmm, on second thoughts, I think it might have been three years ago, as on my first visit to Harrogate.

Getting really excited about going this year. The tickets arrived the other day, passed on the ones for Christine and Mouse yesterday. Before that though is the parchment show this Saturday. Tickets and train tickets bought for that, just need to make a list of the parchment stuff I already have. Christine wants to visit Duttons for Buttons, well it would be churlish of me not to follow and see if there is something I can't live without. Not sure about going to Betty's though, way too expensive, especially when one can buy exactly the same elsewhere.

Bought two books in The Works yesterday (I blame Christine) 100 Crochet Gifts, and 100 Knitted Gifts. They should be £12.99 each, £7 each or both for £10 in The Works, a bargain or what!

Roz