Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: time to admit.

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sam View Post
    I've made loads

Graham, please can we have our Christmas smilies?
    Meeee tooooo, all but 12 have gone down to the fluffit/woofit shop. Need to take more as they sold out within days. At the moment I am recycling some of last years cards. Not everybody on my C******** card list is going to get hand made ones though. It isn't that I am fussed about them not being appreciated, I just object to receiving a card from them that has come in a pack that obviously cost pennies for a pack of 50. They certainly haven't come from Poundland, they may be cheap, but they are decent quality card, unlike those flimsy things I have received from certain people in my family over the last few years.

At least I know Barry down at the shop appreciates not only the cards, but all the other goodies I make. Stitching coin purses at the moment, two down, two to go.

Roz
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog

Post Thanks / Like

I've made about a 100 to sell at the church sale next Saturday. Just got to get them packaged in cello bags.
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chalet School Fan View Post
    I've made about a 100 to sell at the church sale next Saturday. Just got to get them packaged in cello bags.
    Ah yes, the cello bags. I think I have spent more time trying to flick off the bit you pull off to stick the bags down than I have making the cards! It is full of static and sticks to your hand.
    Likes 4 Member(s) liked this post

Essex to the left, London to the right and Kent straight ahead!
    Post Thanks / Like

Good luck....I hope your sale goes ok. X
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Yes good luck to everyone making things to sell
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

You don't have to be as mad as a box of frogs to be here but it helps:mysmilie_13:

Post Thanks / Like

At the moment I am lying on the floor of my office with the door which opens onto the car park wide open. Y10 girls are sleeping rough around the school grounds to raise money for the homeless charity Crisis and I get sponsored as well. I think I'd rather make cards in the warm to raise money, but at least I only have to sleep out one night a year, not every night!

Post Thanks / Like

My daughter packed all of mine in the cello bags. I hate that job.

Post Thanks / Like

Small tip with the cello bags - lay out a strip of tape (I use wide packing tape, but any will do), sticky side up - then touch the strips to that as you remove them. When the piece of tape is full, just roll it up and put in the bin, with bits all nicely tamed.

Post Thanks / Like

I've made 6 but they've only been made because I'm on a design team and some of the themes have been Christmas related. Usually I make mine about a week before the last posting date and I get very stressed because I've left it so late and it becomes a chore. I also don't get to use all the beautiful Christmas stash I've acquired over the years.

http://pamelaspages.blogspot.com/

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pyjama princess View Post
    Usually I make mine about a week before the last posting date and I get very stressed because I've left it so late and it becomes a chore. I also don't get to use all the beautiful Christmas stash I've acquired over the years.
    This sounds like me. Although a week before the last posting date is pretty good going. I usually spend so much time faffing around trying to decide what design to go with and which tools and materials to use that I don't have any time left to actually make them. Must try that "get a few things out and limit yourself to using only those things" technique.

There is a remote possibility, but only remote, that I will make a start on Sunday.