Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: time to admit.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm now up to 52 cards and have run out of time/energy/interest. Having said that I have the bags and tags as well so I hope it helps. I also have some of the Tonic Gingerbread houses to make up and some quilled angels.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

I have loads of quilling stuff, but like many other things, I haven't actually had chance to use them this Christmas.

I actually made a decision this afternoon. I have nearly finished the coin purses, only the top to go stitch on the final one, and then to sew & stuff the three snowmen. From then on the only items I am going to make between now and the fair in December are cards, and there are not going to be too many more of those either.

I was bemoaning to Kate last night that I needed more hours in a day, days in a week, and more weeks in a year. Her response was that I should start eighteen months early, followed up with a, oh well perhaps not such a good idea. It wouldn't make any difference as I would still set myself impossible targets. I still have a few items that I need to make for family and friends, so something had to give, especially as I will be at Harrogate next Thursday, so will require Friday to get over it. This will be followed by Saturday/Sunday/Monday putting up the C******** decorations. We have so many Advent calendars, all have to start on the wonth of December, so have to do the lot.

Roz
    Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog

Post Thanks / Like

I am so impressed by all you ladies making so many cards for charity. Well done to all of you.
    Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked for this post
    Likes 4 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pyjama princess View Post
    .............. Usually I make mine about a week before the last posting date and I get very stressed because I've left it so late and it becomes a chore. I also don't get to use all the beautiful Christmas stash I've acquired over the years.
    Me to a tee! I have only made one C******** card and that went to Oz in August along with all of their handmade 'event' cards for next year (incidentally, that parcel STILL hasn't arrived there and it was posted 28th August - disgusting service !).
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Have not have not made a single card yet, decided to make hampers this year as the handmade part of my presents, so have made jam/chutney/marmalade/small Christmas cakes, for 6 families, have "test" baked the shortbread, and will make chocolate truffles a bit nearer the time, the only problem I have are the ginger biscuits, all tests done, but biscuits are too hard, tried gingerbread and this was too hard as well,(don't want any broken teeth!) so has anyone got a tried and tested recipe please, would be really grateful, running out of butter and sugar lol. If no luck will leave them out, hope someone has though, thx.

Post Thanks / Like

Ginger biccies should be hard, well the proper ones anywhooo. In Germany they have biccies that are so hard they have to be dunked. The trouble with most biccies made in the UK is that they absorb tea/coffee/what have you far too quickly, so they fall apart. As a child I was always told it wasn't the done thing to dunk, well sorry, but if it was good enough for HM Queen Mum, then it is good enough for moi. Soooo carry on dunking. ;)

All my recipes produce nice hard ginger biccies that are suiltable for dunking. :)

Roz
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mitzi View Post
    I am so impressed by all you ladies making so many cards for charity. Well done to all of you.
    To be honest Mitzi I probably wouldn't make cards if it wasn't for the fluffits and woofits. I s'pose I could find another charity, St Peter's Hospice for instance, or the Salvation Army, but it would mean carrying the things further than I do now, which is far enough in my opinion.

I've finished all my coin purses, now putting together the three snowmen, who appear to think they have waited far too long (several months) so don't wish to co-operate. Anyway all three bodies have now been stuffed, the rest shouldn't take too long to do tomorrow.

I think come 2017 I am going to make more smaller items, things that don't take more than a day to knit/crochet/sew and put together. Nor will they take up all that much room. The same applies to cards. I will make a load of toppers, prick and stitch/quilling. stamping, etc, then they will just need putting together sometime in September/early October.

Hopefully sometime over the next ********* years I will work my way through the three Hunkydory kits. I reached the stage where I reckoned the sheets I have used this year, bought from Dot's shop last year, were breeding as they didn't appear to be getting any less, though I have finally got through them. :)

Roz

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RozMinis View Post
    Ginger biccies should be hard, well the proper ones anywhooo. In Germany they have biccies that are so hard they have to be dunked. The trouble with most biccies made in the UK is that they absorb tea/coffee/what have you far too quickly, so they fall apart. As a child I was always told it wasn't the done thing to dunk, well sorry, but if it was good enough for HM Queen Mum, then it is good enough for moi. Soooo carry on dunking. ;)

All my recipes produce nice hard ginger biccies that are suiltable for dunking. :)

Roz
    Thank you Roz they do taste nice, just worried n case they break anyone's teeth, me and Mr W, have done a lot of dunking this last few days, he thinks it's his birthday with so much baking, I do normally bake a lot but not in this quantity, to settle my quandary, have decided to do Viennese whirls instead and add a bit of ground ginger in one batch and almond extract in another batch. Thx for replying, will keep the ginger biscuits just for us.x
    Last edited by wonky doodle; 20-11-2016 at 02:48 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not a fan of ginger, but being the kind hearted soul that I am, I'm more than willing to taste test any of your baking and give a totally unbiased review.
    Likes 4 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

The home baked hampers are a great idea, it must be delightful to receive one.

Having said that, I don't think anyone would appreciate my baking efforts, so I'll stick to the cards! Thankfully, my daughters are great cooks having spent so much time with my late MIL.