Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Die Cutting Machine Help Please

Post Thanks / Like

I am more than happy with my Bigshot, if I were to upgrade I would probably go for the bigger Bigshot, though I might be tempted by an x cut if it was at a fantastic, super bargain price.
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I have the original e bosser and the new gemini from crafters companion.The gemini is the better of the two and i have only found one large die that it struggles with in the middle of the plate and thats a large square tonic one with a lot of filigree edges,but with a shim its ok.the clear cutting plates on both need replacing every now and then because they do warp despite being turned over regularly but as I can get them for 8.99 its not too bad.

Post Thanks / Like

Ann, have you tried any thicker dies? I only ask because on another thread Craftyjack is thinking about buying one and has asked CC about thicker ones for the Gemini and got rather a negative answer back! Thanks

Two and two make four...........but now and then they add up to three and occasionally, just occasionally its five !

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you all for your help and suggestions. Unfortunately Jacksmissis I don't know anyone else who makes cards so can't try anyone elses machine. When I retire I will have more time to pursue craft groups and classes hopefully. I am still mulling over the pros and cons and do like the sound of the Bigshot. It's all the different plates which is putting me off a bit though. The Platinum looks a bit more straightforward especially as I only use thin dies. Such a big decision as they're not cheap whichever way I go.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Craftysusan View Post
    Thank you all for your help and suggestions. Unfortunately Jacksmissis I don't know anyone else who makes cards so can't try anyone elses machine. When I retire I will have more time to pursue craft groups and classes hopefully. I am still mulling over the pros and cons and do like the sound of the Bigshot. It's all the different plates which is putting me off a bit though. The Platinum looks a bit more straightforward especially as I only use thin dies. Such a big decision as they're not cheap whichever way I go.
    When you retire you will have more time............ ha, don't kid yourself chuck, you will just find more 'stuff' to fill that time! ;)

Dot didn't care much for the X-cut, neither did Christine or Carol who did classes at the shop. In fact Carol was all for chucking it out of the door. Not long after Dot bought the machine I asked her what it was like, her reply was that she supposed it did the job. Can't say she was keen on flogging me one. Not exactly happy that the Spellies one only has the small plates. What is the point of selling a machine that doesn't come with the larger plates? Might as well buy a cuddlybug in that case.

Roz

Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Roz. I think you're right about the retirement as I am also hoping to have a little dog then too which will keep me busy I'm sure. Thanks for the info about the X Cut. From the websites I have looked at the Platinum does now come with the A4 plates (maybe they realised their mistake as I agree small plates are daft as part of the package).

Post Thanks / Like

A friend of mine hates her xcut. As for retirement haha I never have any time to do anything. In fact I keep saying I'm going back to work for a rest - you will never have a minute.

Post Thanks / Like

I have no trouble with thicker dies.I use tonic,heartfelt creations ,tattered lace .imtricutz and marrianne dies and everything cuts really well with the gemini.I got a really good deal at a show with the gemini in November.
    Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Ann, I'll let the other member know in case she's missed this.

Two and two make four...........but now and then they add up to three and occasionally, just occasionally its five !

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by clumsycrafter View Post
    A friend of mine hates her xcut.......
    What doesn't she like about it? Mine sits folded up at my feet and although heavy it's easy to pick up and set up when I need it.