And was using an A4 embossing folder
    I mainly use it for a5 embossing as I can turn the folder to fit cardstock
    Due to the extra width of the plate
    For everything else it's my little bug
    I have got a full set of non cuttle bug replacement plates
    For the same price as one branded one
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

You don't have to be as mad as a box of frogs to be here but it helps:mysmilie_13:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Craftysusan View Post
    When I retire I will have more time to pursue craft groups and classes .
    Ha!haA!ha!Ha!haA!ha!Ha!haA!ha!Ha!haA!ha!.......... ...............you think??? Ha!haA!ha!Ha!haA!ha!
    Likes 5 Member(s) liked this post

Two and two make four...........but now and then they add up to three and occasionally, just occasionally its five !

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jacksmissis View Post
    Ha!haA!ha!Ha!haA!ha!Ha!haA!ha!Ha!haA!ha!.......... ...............you think??? Ha!haA!ha!Ha!haA!ha!
    Ah bless, I have never met anybody who has a hobby, whatever it might be, find they have more time once they retire. We just manage to find more things to do to fill the time. We then get to the stage where we wonder if we should bother going to bed, we would get a lot more done if we didn't.

Roz
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog

Post Thanks / Like

I know what you mean - the school holidays are like that. But at least I will have back the time I spend commuting every day and I won't have the continual feeling of guilt when I'm crafting that I should be marking or working on lesson preparation. Nor will I have to keep up with youth culture to make what I teach sound more user friendly to my pupils!
    Likes 4 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pyjama princess View Post
    What doesn't she like about it? Mine sits folded up at my feet and although heavy it's easy to pick up and set up when I need it.
    She just couldn't get it to cut properly and was never happy with it. I think maybe she had a faulty one because she is quite an experienced crafter ( anyone's is to me!) but she since got the tonic tangerine and loves that one.

Post Thanks / Like

I had to return my first one because a 'tooth' snapped off one of the metal cogs. I could see where it was missing when I peered in to the sides covered by the black plastic. My second one is great and I've replaced the cutting plates because I've used it so much - I was asked to make things for 2 weddings.

http://pamelaspages.blogspot.com/

Post Thanks / Like

I'm still using a Grand Calibur, haven't had any problems so far (famous last words). I recently bought the ToDo which I use occasionally - love them both. I still have some old ones, Sizzix one with the pull down handle (the first one I got), the Wizard which also has a pull down handle and the Big Shot. Don't think I had problems with any of them.

I've also got Xyron personal cutting system and a Quickutz Silhouette digital craft cutter (never used lol).

The original Sizzix dies were over half an inch deep but worked well. I was wondering how old that is.

I love flowers

Post Thanks / Like

WL, there was loads of "stuff" for the ToDo in the clearance section on C&C last week, including the machines if you need anything?
    Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked for this post

Two and two make four...........but now and then they add up to three and occasionally, just occasionally its five !

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't really had much of a problem with my XCut. I have had to use shims with some dies, but I have to do that with my Big Shot.
    At my local Hobbycraft shop you can try the different machines they sell. Might be worth doing that - I bought my machines online from Hobbycraft so I didn't have to carry a heavy box home and because I got money for our church from Easyfundraiser!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone. I don't know if our Hobbycraft does that but I can ask. As for retirement, I can't wait. Found out this week we have a local WI near me so that sounds like a good way to make new friends. Also want to retake up tapestry and have been fancying the Clarity Groovi system for ages.