Thread: Hougie Board

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hougie Board

I have had a big clear out and decided that my new mantra is buy once but by right. With this in mind I have decided to buy a new score board to replace the 4 useless ones. My question is as the Hougie has both imperial and metric it will be used more but should I get the small or full size one. I never fold 12x12 paper usually a4 or a5 so will the small one be ok. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

I have a big one Jube so I can't say about the smaller ones. I like mine now but at first I found it awkward. I've never used the Imperial side even though I'm still a pounds shillings and pence lass, because the smallest space is 1/2" whereas by using the metric side I can get a much finer measurement. I have the first Hougie Book too and there's some nice designs in there.
    Last edited by Jacksmissis; 18-01-2017 at 09:00 PM.
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

Two and two make four...........but now and then they add up to three and occasionally, just occasionally its five !

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

That is why I tend to work in metric JM. I never could work out fractions that were anything other than 1/4, 1/2, 3/4. For instance is 3/35ths more or than 5/32ths? I am much better with millimeters, although I sometimes get confuzzled when I read mm as cm, or the other way around, so have to double check what I am reading.

Haven't tried the Hougie board myself, partly because I couldn't cope with the man hater, but mostly because I don't fold card all that often. When I do I use the CC card/box maker I bought millions of years ago. Soooo I can't be any help at all. :(

Roz

Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog

Post Thanks / Like

My cutter is in imperial so my thought a Houggie would work when I eventually get a 5th cutter or guillotine. If I consider a Mather Stewart or xcut and have a metric cutter I will be totally confused as to which to go for.

Post Thanks / Like

I've got the Hougie and I do like it, I prefer it to the CC board, I think it's more accurate.

Post Thanks / Like

The more I look into it the Hougie makes more sense. just need to find it at the right price and decide which size.

Post Thanks / Like

Just been on the Hougie site and the summer half price sale was still on so bought a pink full size one the green one was not available, with the p&p added it was under £15 so decided it was too good to miss.
    Last edited by jube; 19-01-2017 at 02:59 PM. Reason: cheaper than I first thought

Post Thanks / Like

Bargain jube, mine was from Sunrise Crafts and I paid somat like £24 but that was when they first came out - and its the bright pea green!

Two and two make four...........but now and then they add up to three and occasionally, just occasionally its five !