Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bucilla Felt Kits

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bucilla Felt Kits

I have invested in 4 Bucilla stockings in the sales to make ready for next December. I know some people have made these and I wondered how long each one was likely to take me to make. I'm reasonably proficient with a needle, but I haven't made anything like this before.

Post Thanks / Like

Our Roz is one of the best folk to ask CSF, she's always sewing and I feel sure they are a brand she favours. She usually come on after tea, sure she'll help.
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

Two and two make four...........but now and then they add up to three and occasionally, just occasionally its five !

Post Thanks / Like

I bought several of the Bucilla kits years ago and have only done a couple of door handle hangers. They took a fair time to do and are only small. I do have a stocking one with a snowman on it but haven't started it yet, I'm thinking it would take quite a while to do.

I really wanted to get into doing them before C........ but it never happened lol.

I've also got the big tree skirt and more door handle hangers - must put my mind to it before next C........
    I love flowers

Post Thanks / Like

I've had a quick look on Amazon and the kits are different from the ones I've got. My ones are patterned with mainly sequins and a bit of felt.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

I love flowers

Post Thanks / Like

I did the snow fun one about 18 months ago, I cannot remember exactly how long it took, but I'd say about 3 weeks, off and on, enjoyed doing it more than the gingerbread wreath as it "flowed" towards a finished item whereas with the wreath you had to make up the different parts and then assemble. Just curious, which sales did you buy them from? - I could be tempted!

Post Thanks / Like

I did a Snowflake Snowman Stocking a couple of years ago and it took a couple of weeks. Have a feeling it was one of the simpler ones to do though.

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

Sad to say I have several, at least three, stockings to make, plus NOEL, two tissue holders, and I can't remember what else.

I'm keener on Advent calendars, which take a fair bit of time to make, roughly a month. They include 24 extra items, some are very quick, as in an hour, others can take two to three hours. I've also made two tree skirts, they took a month or so, and several Christmas ornaments. One ornament took me at least four hours, especially the Santa's.

Soooo my advice is to begin now, and not wait until December. :)

Roz

Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog

Post Thanks / Like

That's why I bought them in January! I made 2 cross stitch Santa quilts this year - started them in May and finished the second one on 24th December! Fancied a change from cross stitch this year, hence the stockings.
    I got 2 from C&C. They came from the U.S., but even with the p&p they were under £20 each. The other 2 came from BIC warehouse in the U.S. via Amazon. I'm still waiting for their arrival, but tracking says they are on their way. They were a similar price.

Post Thanks / Like

Oooh I think I'm being ignored!
    I love flowers

Post Thanks / Like

I think I might have got slightly carried away ordering their kits. I made my parents the sweet wreath for Christmas a couple of years ago. This year I made them Santa's train and my sister's family the toy wreath (my 12 year old niece burst into tears when she saw it as she loved it so much.
    I'm currently making the ugly sweaters Christmas tree decorations which are taking a couple of evenings each to make. I still have the Autumn harvest wreath I bought a couple of years ago to make and in the basket waiting there's the Santa's list stocking, in the workshop stocking, must be Santa advent calendar, the owl wreath, Nordic gingerbread house advent calendar, Santa stop here ornaments, Santa's washing line, cupcake Angel stocking, haunted house wall hanging and Halloween tree ornaments. I also have a janlynn Christmas fun stocking.
    Think I might be busy, still my theory is that if you're sewing you're not snacking!
    You can see the Santa train on my blog, and the older post if you click on it is the toy wreath. http://craftingbunnies.blogspot.co.u...ce-of-big.html
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post