Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bucilla Felt Kits

Post Thanks / Like

I saw that Rhody LJ, and I really wanted it but the price put me off too. Last Year, they did a beauty called "Wims Red" can't remember if it was a rhody or a hydrangea anyway it was extravagantly expensive. I went on ebay and bought a baby one there but it still cost me a tenner. fast forward to summer and I'd planted around it with other "Stuff" for company and it did grow in height but didn't flower although the leaves looked ok. its now looks like 2 dead twigs but I'm hanging on to see if its going to grow, maybe its just resting!.
    Two and two make four...........but now and then they add up to three and occasionally, just occasionally its five !

Post Thanks / Like

I love Rhododendrons but we can't grow them here for some reason, we tried three Azaleas but hubby said it looks like one of them is dying.

The school I went to in Kent was partly made up of 3 old Manor house which all had big grounds, part was left as woodland and there were huge Rhododendron bushes in there, looked beautiful but they were all the same colour lol.

Hope your plant survives JM, I know I've often thought something is dead but it springs to life later.
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

I love flowers

Post Thanks / Like

I have a feeling that rhodedendrons and azaleas need acid soil.
    You might be able to add something to the soil to change the ph and make them grow.
    Last edited by Lioness; 24-01-2017 at 03:04 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Lioness, I suppose we could make a small area suitable for them, will have to look into it and see what we need.
    I love flowers

Post Thanks / Like

The last two stockings from BIC were on the doorstep today when I got home from work. The only thing I have to decide now is which one to start first.
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Yes Rhoda's and azaleas need acid soil
    We used to dig a huge hole and fill it with
    Ericaceous soil and dress it twice a year
    They don't like to be planted too deep and like a moist well drained soil
    I have put my Rhoda in a huge pot
    But I have noticed my neighbour has huge hydrangeas and a azalea in the ground so maybe we have acid soil
    You don't have to be as mad as a box of frogs to be here but it helps:mysmilie_13:

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

I bought a wee hydrangea from Wilko's last year, along with two other shrubs, all in 4" (dunno metric) pots, so a bit tight on the root system. There was a flower bud on it, but I didn't expect anything to happen, well it was only small. Well two weeks later, this 'bud' had developed into several more 'buds', which then chose to open. We ended up with two large flowers, and the shrub itself had tripled in size. Come spring/summer I don't think I dare go round the side to see just how large it has become. I dare say if all the pyracantha shrubs come knocking on the door to be let out, I will know it has got too big for its boots!

No idea what it is with us and shrubs, but where we used to live we bought several young shrubs, cost about £7 each, for the bottom end of the back garden. Well it didn't take them long to get going and take over their patch. Even those that were not supposed to grow more than four foot had obviously chucked the rule book into the playing field. As for the front garden. 'Himself' had erected a fence to protect the shrubs from the kids who thought our garden was part of their playing field, and delivery people who trampled all over everything. By the time we left it was the shrubs who were protecting the fence.

It is the same here, shrubs that are nor supposed to grow more than four foot high are still growing like mad. If they can't grow upwards, then they grow outwards, in some cases they are doing both. As for the 'weeds', as in some lovely shrubs and flowers that have turned up from who knows where, they too are growing at a healthy rate. Wonder why the holly has a fetish for corners though. Oh well, it will be interesting to see what 2017 brings in the way of plants that have appeared from pastures new.

Roz
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog