Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tim Holtz with stamping platform at CHA

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tim Holtz with stamping platform at CHA

This vid shows Tim Holtz using the stamping platform. Paula is also there doing demos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WykeFdGl4W0

Realized the other day that it will be released in April which is my birthday month so perhaps I will have to drop some hints........
    Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked for this post
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the link.
    As somebody who hasn't seen any demos of any of the new style stamping platforms (I used to have the fiskas one many moons ago), can anybody tell me how this one compares to any of the others?
    Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Don't think they'll be able to yet Sam, with it being a new launch. Deefy thinks its a lot like the MISTI, I guess it'll be a few weeks yet before anyone really knows but it will be interesting for us to see - wonder if we'll be able to get a "lookey-likey" it from China ?
    Last edited by Jacksmissis; 22-01-2017 at 01:18 PM.
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

Two and two make four...........but now and then they add up to three and occasionally, just occasionally its five !

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't mean how it actually performs, I realise it isn't out yet. I meant by watching the video, does it seem to be any better or have extra features than others on the market?

I'll go and have a look at the Misti online.
    Last edited by sam; 22-01-2017 at 08:51 AM. Reason: Added a bit extra.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sam View Post
    Thanks for the link.
    As somebody who hasn't seen any demos of any of the new style stamping platforms (I used to have the fiskas one many moons ago), can anybody tell me how this one compares to any of the others?
    Thanks.
    I haven't got a MISTI because they are so expensive (both sizes), but the Tonic stamping platform looks more robust to me.

Apparently with the MISTI you have to be careful with the magnets knocking together because they will shatter, but I assume this is a general thing with magnets?

Post Thanks / Like

I've just had a look at the Misti, and it sure is expensive! I don't think that I'd get my money's worth out of it.

Post Thanks / Like

Crumbs, the MISTI is expensive isn't it. I've just seen the small one on ebay and it's at £32 at the moment but going up. Don't think I'd bother with the small one though.

A lot of my stamps are the rubber ones with the big wooden bit on them. Wonder if it would still work if you took the wood off.
    I love flowers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Waterlily View Post
    Crumbs, the MISTI is expensive isn't it. I've just seen the small one on ebay and it's at £32 at the moment but going up. Don't think I'd bother with the small one though.

A lot of my stamps are the rubber ones with the big wooden bit on them. Wonder if it would still work if you took the wood off.
    Yes, they do work if you take the wood off (you put them in the microwave), but I did that and really wish I hadn't.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Deefy, I can remember taking the wood off of some before but can't remember why lol. Makes storage a lot easier with all the wooden bits gone.
    I love flowers

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if anyone can give me any instructions to get the rubber stamps off of the wooden blocks. I'm sure I've done it before but can't remember how. I'm a bit wary of using the microwave and have absolutely no idea on how long or what setting to use. My microwave is a bit funny for settings anyway lol.

Forgot to say that I've tried 'peeling' the rubber off but that didn't work too well.
    I love flowers