Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tim Holtz with stamping platform at CHA

Post Thanks / Like

Do you put them in the microwave for ten seconds then peel them off?
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I put mine on top of the radiator until they felt warm and then the stamp just peeled off the block.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sam View Post
    Thanks for the link.
    As somebody who hasn't seen any demos of any of the new style stamping platforms (I used to have the fiskas one many moons ago), can anybody tell me how this one compares to any of the others?
    Thanks.
    From the online demos that I've watched they all seem to work the same way. When I first saw the Misti, I really liked the idea of it, but I didn't like the price! The Tim Holtz one seems a better price but I don't remember seeing if you can use both unmounted AND cling-mounted stamps (you can with the Misti, there's a shim/mat that can be removed for cling-mounted stamps)

There was one for only £10.99 on Hochanda the other day - I think it was by Crafts Too, but it was much more basic, I think you had to tape your card down, so I think I'm more likely to go for the Tim Holtz one, if I can find a good deal ;) (I've seen it for pre-order at £26.99)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by debo View Post
    From the online demos that I've watched they all seem to work the same way. When I first saw the Misti, I really liked the idea of it, but I didn't like the price! The Tim Holtz one seems a better price but I don't remember seeing if you can use both unmounted AND cling-mounted stamps
    You can use it for rubber stamps or clear stamps by turning the lid over (it clips in and out at the hinge). The demo showed Tim using mounted rubber stamps.
    You have just made me wonder how you could get it to work with unmounted rubber stamps? Currently I use a clear foam type cushioning (tack 'n Peel) which is attached permanently to one side of my acrylic block.

Post Thanks / Like

i have pre-ordered the tim holz stamper for 26.99 from crafty devils which i thought was a good price

Post Thanks / Like

http://www.samueltaylors.co.uk/tonic...stamp-platform

For a limited time Samuel Taylors have it for £23.76 on pre-order, but I don't know what postage is. I ordered mine a few weeks ago from Crafty Devils at the same price as annlowther2000 and that is free postage

Post Thanks / Like

I think they have free P&P for £25 and over. I pre-ordered mine from crafty devils, had a newsletter today from countryview crafts and they are charging £26.99 and theirs would be free P&P.
    Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked for this post

Tricia

http://www.townrow.org.uk/

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I decided to take the plunge and put some stamps in the microwave, had to do it for a lot longer than 10 seconds though some 30 and some 40. They peeled off fairly easily but the adhesive was left on the stamp rather than the wood, I managed to peel it off except for 1. Only did 4. Going to try a few more later.
    I love flowers

Post Thanks / Like

ooh you dare-devil WL !!
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Two and two make four...........but now and then they add up to three and occasionally, just occasionally its five !

Post Thanks / Like

I guarantee that if I put stamps in the microwave I would end up with burnt items.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Tricia

http://www.townrow.org.uk/