Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Intresting Post on QVC UK FB Page

Post Thanks / Like

It was Carol Smith that got me into crafting when my lad was only a wee boy now he is 26
    I started with Gallery Glass then went on to Paper-crafting. Now i have a craft room, four bedrooms, living room full of craft stuff lol :)...
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

That's the same as me sharica, I've still got the Gallery Glass and a lot of other Carol Smith stuff in my craft room. Knitting, crochet and dressmaking before that though. My Mum taught me to knit when I was quite small, she always seemed to have a pair of knitting needles in her hands lol.
    I love flowers

Post Thanks / Like

I still have Carol Smith stuff
    Hubby used to get me a treasury box when ever Carol Smith came over
    And they were such good value
    Before QVC I did cross stitch and made gift bags
    Even got a stamp and embossing powder from a little shop in the market
    I had never seen stamping and embossing before and was amazed at the effect
    My dad treated me to a stamp ink pad and embossing powder but the heat gun was well over budget so dad made me a gizmo out if a 100watt bulb and a tin
    I also got a glue pen and foils never got the hang of it
    Till We got satalite tv and saw it being done on QVC
    That was my downfall to my craft addiction although I never got into stamping and colouring
    You don't have to be as mad as a box of frogs to be here but it helps:mysmilie_13:

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

I remember Carol with the Bucilla goodies with great fondness on QVC. Kate bought me the Santa stocking Advent calendar for my birthday one year. From then on I was hooked on those kits. I always remember on one show the presenter kept saying that the kits could be glued if you couldn't or didn't want to stitch them. I lost track on how many times Carol said they couldn't, but the presenter kept saying they could. I dare say it was some big wig in the gallery who kept telling her to say it, but Carol was not having any of it. It wasn't as though they needed to do the hard sell either, in fact the last Bucilla show Carol was on, all the items but one had gone in 35 minutes.

My grandma taught me to knit, crochet and embroider. I also learned to make my own clothes on her treadle sewing machine. By the time I left school I had made a suit and coat, amongst other things. Our needlework teacher was brilliant, she knew what each one of us was capable of making, and left us to get on with it, but giving assistance when needed.

Roz
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Looking forward to seeing the developments here. What the products will be and who the guests are going to be too.

Perhaps Anna Griffin will be back, who knows.......