Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: More goodies

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile More goodies

These three are unfinished as they are part of a Round Robin thingie.

For Christine.jpg

For DJ.jpg

For Mouse.jpg

Roz
    Likes 7 Member(s) liked this post

Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Fabulous work Roz. What count linen are they on?

Post Thanks / Like

32 count. I actually find it easier to work on most linens, including 40 count Newcastle, than I do on evenweave. Although Hardanger fabric is 22 count, I find it easier to work 28 or 32 count on linen.

Roz
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

Post Thanks / Like

I like working on linen, but can only really do it in daylight. So I save those projects for the school summer holidays. Winter projects are on aida, which I can even do on school trips with long coach journeys. I got a project destined to make a cushion cover finished off on my recent trip to Amsterdam with 16 hours sitting on a coach to fill!

Post Thanks / Like

I find it very difficult to stitch without one of my daylight lamps. I always take one of them with me on holiday, complete with an extension cable. ;) I used to stitch on Aida, but hate the stuff now, much prefer linen or evenweave. I find the linen Jane Greenoff sells is easier to see, and not so stiff as the linen from DMC.

Roz

Post Thanks / Like

I like to use a variety of fabrics. If I'm making squares for a cross stitch/patchwork quilt aida is best as it's cotton and can be washed in the washing machine occasionally. But for samplers and heirloom type makes which won't need washing I too prefer linen. I've done several classes with Jane Greenoff and made a few of her samplers with a variety of counted stitches and Hardanger.
    Back in the 1990s I also did a couple of classes with Darlene O'Steen when she came over from the US. She had a technique for making the back of your sampler look as good as the front, which I have used to good effect on bell pull style samplers sewn on linen.

Post Thanks / Like

They are so beautiful I love the colours.

Post Thanks / Like

Gorgeous work..

Post Thanks / Like

Oh peeps the Just Cross Stitch C******** ornament DVD arrived this afternoon. I was ever so good and resisted the urge to turn on my lappy to see if it was ok, and what is on it. I carried on with the curtains instead, which I must admit look much better than what was up before, although even those curtains are going to find a new home. Anywhoo, I digress, only had a quick look through one of the years goodies, and I want to make at least half of them. Multiply that by 16................ Think I need much larger trees, and a bigger bungalow so I can have said trees. Once I have finished 'the box' and its contents, watch this space! ;)

Roz

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chalet School Fan View Post
    Back in the 1990s I also did a couple of classes with Darlene O'Steen when she came over from the US. She had a technique for making the back of your sampler look as good as the front, which I have used to good effect on bell pull style samplers sewn on linen.
    I am intrigued as the back of some of my ornaments, especially the perforated paper ones, are a bit of a mess. I usually back anything that isn't going to be framed with 100% cotton fabric, or in the case of ornaments I stuff them, or mount them onto card.

I like to do the loop method of starting, but that isn't possible with perforated paper as three strands are required. Nor can one use that method with variegated or overdyed cotton/silk, which I use a great deal. I adore the feel of silk, especially that from Stef Francis. I also have several skeins from Australia, and some from the Pearsall range I bought in Cockermouth. Sadly the company no longer produce embroidery silk. :(

Roz