Thread: Recommendations for a manual die cutter

Post Thanks / Like

Default Recommendations for a manual die cutter

I think my GC will be giving up the ghost soon. I was thinking of getting another one but wondered what your thoughts were on different brands. I want one that takes A4 sheets.
    I love flowers

Post Thanks / Like

XCut Express for me WL. It's A4 and has an adjuster dial on the top. It's quite heavy and when open takes up a lot of room but folds up to 'handbag' size.
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

http://pamelaspages.blogspot.com/

Post Thanks / Like

Can't fault my HappyCut (same as the Joy Trouvaille only white) but don't think they make them anymore. If I had to go for another, I'm so tempted by the Gemini.
    Two and two make four...........but now and then they add up to three and occasionally, just occasionally its five !

Post Thanks / Like

Another HappyCut fan here. Hochanda's own brand machine was also the same. During a Joy Crafts show recently Dave mentioned the Joy Trouvaille and said that he didn't think it was currently on the website. Jo agreed, but the implication was (it seemed to me) that they were going to carry it at some point, and they did sell the Trouvaille Mini. (Which Kev bought me for my birthday last month )

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

I've always liked the look of the Spellbinders thingie. It looks soooo big though, as is the Sizzix thingie. Hardly ever use my GC, only for anything that won't go through Mr 'bug, or hurts him. If anything did happen to him, then i would have to replace him as I need a machine that cuts the Bigz dies. Dot had one of the X-cut machines, she, Christine and Carol didn't like it.

roz
    Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks ladies

The Joy is rather expensive compared to the GC £40ish difference - saw one at £109.99 and one at £119.99 the GC is £69. I had a look at the x cut but can't remember how much it was, it looks as if it takes up quite a bit of room so I'll probably go for another GC.
    I love flowers

Post Thanks / Like

The X Cut is about £100 or just under and yes it does take up a lot of desk top when it's open. It's like 2 A4s laid end to end.

Post Thanks / Like

I bought my XCut in a Hobbycraft sale and I have been very happy with it, especially as I paid under £70. It was a toss up with the larger Sizzix machine (I have a Big Shot, which is great), but the fact that the XCut folded up swung it for me. Some dies can be hard work to put through - not an issue for me, but might be for some people.

Post Thanks / Like

Gosh WL that's a good price - GC's have certainly come down haven't they. I can remember when they first came out and all the whoo-arr about doing A4 we were all so excited !! Same as all the millions of dies we can get nowadays, when 'way back when' we used mountains of ribbon bows and decoupage (hand cut too !). I'd keep the old one for spares if you do get another, you can always shove it in a box somewhere!
    Two and two make four...........but now and then they add up to three and occasionally, just occasionally its five !

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks again ladies.
    I love flowers