Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My latest cross stitch

Post Thanks / Like

Default My latest cross stitch

This one took quite a long time

Likes 6 Member(s) liked this post

I love flowers

Post Thanks / Like

Wow that is really beautiful, you must have the patience of a Saint.

Essex to the left, London to the right and Kent straight ahead!
    Post Thanks / Like

Amazing....is it on linen?

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, you can tell it took a long time, and a fair amount of skill and patience!

Post Thanks / Like

That's amazing..you must have a lot of patience.

Post Thanks / Like

Lovely work - well worth the time and effort.

Post Thanks / Like

Beautiful Pam ooh for the days of elegance!
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Two and two make four...........but now and then they add up to three and occasionally, just occasionally its five !

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

That is so lovely. Do invest in a nice frame for it. Ask the framer to use a complimentary mount, or even two. I had a picture with eight fuchsias, each in an oval frame. The framer asked if I would like a mount, he reckoned it would look better, so as it was for 'himself' I said I would.

We were looking through the mounts, couldn't decide which, then he said what about two of 'em? By this time I could see my £70 budget turning into three figures, but agreed that the colours would do the work justice. I nearly fainted when he told me the cost. I can't remember exactly how much it was, but it was less that £50. In more recent times I have used a framer in town, easier to drop off and collect, although he will also deliver as he lives not far away. He too is cheap, and does a lovely job, so I am spoilt for choice.

Anywhooo, do take a photograph once you lovely picture is framed. :)

Roz
    Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you everyone.

Anne it's on 16 count Aida. I like linen best but my eyes aren't up to it lol.

Roz I'm lucky that my hubby makes all our frames - He keeps saying he's going to make some frames for my x stitch but hasn't got round to it yet lol. Not sure where I'd put them though as there's not much wall space left.
    I love flowers

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

Ah yes, the dreaded wall space. Not helped in our wee bungalow by the fact that 'himself' does watercolour painting. Luckily he buys cheap frames that are easy to take apart, so he changes the paintings in them on a regular basis. The trouble is that if he changes my favourites, then I really miss them.

At C******** all our cross stitch, paintings, and photos come down to make way for C******** projects. By the end of Boxing Day I want to take them all down and have our year round goodies back! Even little items that don't go on the walls are put away into boxes, can't wait to get those back in situ as well.

Roz
    Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog