Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Well 'The Box' is now finished

Post Thanks / Like

That's brilliant Roz, so clever.
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Glingle View Post
    Just fabulous. What size is it?
    Quite a bit larger than I expected, despite me having seen Jane's original at Harrogate. It is about 10" x 10", or whatever that is in metric! :)

Roz
    Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Gosh, it is big. I work in inches too, do it all the time at work. Raised toilet seats come in 2, 4 and 6 inches. Grab rails come in 12", 18" and 24". The average loo is 16" high, average dining chair 18", oh and most flights of stairs have 13 steps.

Post Thanks / Like

Bless you flower, I am sure we all needed to know the average height of the loo! ;)

Roz
    Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

Essex to the left, London to the right and Kent straight ahead!
    Post Thanks / Like

I take it you work in an OT dept then Glingle!

Post Thanks / Like

It's really bad, when I use a public loo, I'm sta there thinking, Oooh this is low compared to normal. I've even whipped my tape measure out of my bag to check heights whilst I'm there! EssexAnne, well spotted, I'm an Occupational Therapist for my sins.
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Essex to the left, London to the right and Kent straight ahead!
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Glingle View Post
    It's really bad, when I use a public loo, I'm sta there thinking, Oooh this is low compared to normal. I've even whipped my tape measure out of my bag to check heights whilst I'm there! EssexAnne, well spotted, I'm an Occupational Therapist for my sins.
    2 points from that........ bet you get funny looks wandering around with a tape measure !
    Secondly.. without your profession , my Aunt and Mum would need to be in a home and not living in their own home IYSWIM, So Thank You!

Post Thanks / Like

H bless, I have noticed that some loos are a tad higher than others. I've felt with some of them I could have done with a footstool to reach 'em. Then there are others that are so low I end up practically falling over backwards as my b*m didn't land where it was expected to - if you see what I mean! ;)

Roz

Post Thanks / Like

Roz your box is absolutely amazing and I have no idea how you've done all that in just three months. It must give you so much enjoyment every time you use it, although if it were mine, I'd be scared of damaging it so would probably keep it locked away! A real treasure.

Post Thanks / Like

It is quite tough Mitzi as it is mountboard covered both sides in a fleece type fabric, then covered in silk. Obviously not a good idea to sit on it, but other than that it is pretty sturdy, as is the etui I made a couple of years ago. That nearly drove me to drink as the measurements were totally out, and the mountboard had been folded in the middle. Jane did send me more, but by the time I had finished it i was in a real state.

Roz