Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dawn Bibby - oops

Post Thanks / Like

Default Dawn Bibby - oops

It would seem from Facebook that peeps are picking up on the fact that she's buying from China and adding a huge mark up. Perhaps it would have been better if she hadn't let everyone know about her trip to China??????

Peeps are also commenting on how old fashioned her items are.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

oh I say - I'm surprised its taken so long really. Thing is, even before TCC went pear shaped - although it was on the cards - there was a piccie, I think it was on Craft Buddy website of her with her suitcase saying where she'd been/or was going. China has always piled it high and sold it cheap and it only needs one or two peeps to tell someone what they've found and it soon gets around. Personally, I think Dawn would be better doing her own little shop, as she did way back.
    Two and two make four...........but now and then they add up to three and occasionally, just occasionally its five !

Post Thanks / Like

I watched her show last night. Her new range wasn't as dated as her flowers are but it was still a vintage style that has been around for ages, nothing new to inspire you. I did think how dated the logo and packaging of her range was though!

Post Thanks / Like

I am sure she isn't the only one/company who purchases front China. The problem is that if you are buying in bulk you will need to pay customs and vat and delivery charges which she would need to pass on. And they can mount up as I found out when I needed to order something for a charity I help out with.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lioness View Post
    I am sure she isn't the only one/company who purchases front China. The problem is that if you are buying in bulk you will need to pay customs and vat and delivery charges which she would need to pass on. And they can mount up as I found out when I needed to order something for a charity I help out with.
    Not talking about your charity, but as we have all found, order from China direct and cut out the middle man (with the huge mark up).

Post Thanks / Like

Hmmm, I haven't yet ordered from China direct. Is it just dies or other things as well? I would appreciate nudge in the right direction........? x

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fenpeper View Post
    Hmmm, I haven't yet ordered from China direct. Is it just dies or other things as well? I would appreciate nudge in the right direction........? x
    Other things as well.................

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fenpeper View Post
    Me too please .

Post Thanks / Like

If you go to the Diecutting section of the forum there are 2 threads:
    Dies from China
    New Dies from China
    There's names and links to sellers and also people say what else they've bought such as rubber stamps.

http://pamelaspages.blogspot.com/

Post Thanks / Like

I have had my fill of dies from China now and moved onto embellishments.

For anyone who likes the contents of those Craft Boxes for mixed media you can pick most things up for pennies. Have to admit it is a bit laborious going through hundreds of listings and it is a bit of a punt in the dark but as I am only spending a few quid it's worth the risk.

I thought some of the products on Dawns show looked very La Blanche.
    Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked for this post