Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Photo of hubby with oven glove mittens

Post Thanks / Like

Aww PJP, he does look bonny! I'm sorry I had missed this thread altogether, it was while we were away - just seen it by accident. I know its a long road & I do hope he's still improving, and you'll be able to put all this behind you.
    Two and two make four...........but now and then they add up to three and occasionally, just occasionally its five !

Post Thanks / Like

Great picture.Good to hear he is doing well.

Post Thanks / Like

He's still putting on weight - now 12 st. He has one last chemo session next Friday followed by 2 weeks of chemo tablets. Then it's a waiting game and tests to see if the chemo has worked it's magic. He's really struggling over the last few days. He insisted on having the en-suite refurbished and it's taken almost 4 weeks which means he hasn't been able to have naps during the day. He now realises that it was a mistake to have work done while he's not well. Since the guy left on Wednesday all Michael has been able to do is eat and sleep. He finished his chemo tablets on Friday morning so he now has next week chemo free and hopefully will start to feel slightly better before the last session on Friday.
    The mittens were a big hit at the cancer centre, the nurses thought they were a great idea.
    Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked for this post
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

http://pamelaspages.blogspot.com/

Post Thanks / Like

Wonderful news to hear that he is doing so well. Dad was very fortunate that his bowel cancer was caught so early before he had symptoms due to the screening programme (although the tumour was the size of a golf ball when found). He only had to have tablets for his chemo and went to pick up his last cycle from the hospital on our way back from my graduation. He told the nurses he'd dressed up to celebrate his last cycle before telling the truth as he was in his best suit and tie!
    Sending every "beating this" vibe I can to your husband and hugs to you both X
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

So glad hubby is making progress
    Good news on the weight gain all helps to keep strength up
    also sending healing vibes
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

You don't have to be as mad as a box of frogs to be here but it helps:mysmilie_13:

Post Thanks / Like

So glad he's doing well, sleep and food is a good thing when you're recovering, gives your body time to heal xxx
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

My Blog