Thread: I've been really stupid

Post Thanks / Like

Default I've been really stupid

I bought a die and didn't check the size, it's for a step card but doesn't fit on an A4 sheet of card. It's just slightly too long. It's a Presscut die from crafts-too.com. I'm really disappointed and it was fairly expensive.
    I love flowers

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I've just had a look at the size of A4 297mm x 210mm and the die says it's 297 x 190, just going to have another look to see if I can fit it on a sheet of card perfectly lol!!
    I love flowers

Post Thanks / Like

I'm back lol, had another look at the die and there are no cutting edges at each end so not so bad as I thought. I've cut one card out just got to find out how to fold it now!
    Last edited by Waterlily; 13-05-2017 at 05:42 PM. Reason: added end
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

I love flowers

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you sorted it out. That sinking feeling when something is wrong is awful
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I have one of those somewhere Pam, my sister bought it for me must be about 3 yrs ago but I haven't used it yet - don't even know where it is lol !! Makes sense with the ends being open really - although I'd be panicking if you hadn't said so thanks!!
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

Two and two make four...........but now and then they add up to three and occasionally, just occasionally its five !

Post Thanks / Like

I tried it and it works beautifully, I did stick a small bit of tape on so the die didn't move though.

JM, I have to try each die I get as soon as I can even if it's only with scrap paper lol.
    I love flowers

Post Thanks / Like

I know what you mean. I've all those from China too and some I found of Tattered Lace (a set) I must have about 50 - 60 all waiting for my craft room to get sorted. Once I've got on top of being home again, work on said room gets started hopefully (not this week I hasten to add) the beds are going the week after and then I have a straight start getting the shelving etc done & unpacking its daunting but at same time it'll be like Christmas LOL !!
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Two and two make four...........but now and then they add up to three and occasionally, just occasionally its five !