Thread: What are these called please ?

Post Thanks / Like

Default What are these called please ?

Can't post a piccie at the moment peeps, but does anyone know what the fastener at the end of a dog lead is called - the bit you attach it to the hoop on the collar with?

I've tried ebay but there doesn't seem to be anything like that unless you know what its called (iYSWIM). My grandson has got one of those little "Trunki" cases for his holidays off a friend but the strap you can pull it along with is missing. I've managed to get some webbing in the same colour but I need a couple of the things I'm on about to stitch to each end and then it will hook into the fixings moulded in the case.

I've tried all of Milly's leads but they're too big to go through the hoop. Any ideas would be appreciated !
    Two and two make four...........but now and then they add up to three and occasionally, just occasionally its five !

Post Thanks / Like

Would it be a D ring ?
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Julie, I've found some! they're called "Dog Clips For Webbing Snap Hooks" only a couple of quid for 10 (was 1.50 for 2 so I thought I'd get extra as spares - you know what boys are like lol !!
    Two and two make four...........but now and then they add up to three and occasionally, just occasionally its five !

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you got what you need Jacksmissus, you would also have got them under bag hardware.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks NMC, I would never have thought of that - will have to try and remember it!

Should add you can buy the spare straps with the fittings on through Trunki but they're £9 with postage - rip off to me - mind you, I think the £40 price tag for the thing itself is over the top, they're only small, to but who am I ??!!

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

They are also known as Trigger Clips. Loads of them on Amazon, though not sure what size you would need.

Roz

Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog

Essex to the left, London to the right and Kent straight ahead!
    Post Thanks / Like

Also called " Lobster Claws"

Post Thanks / Like

Oh My word Roz - didn't know they come in different sizes! just have to keep fingers crossed. With the original strap missing I've nothing to measure but I could have used his brothers - could slap myself now! ah well, we'll just have to wait and see!

Just imagine all these different names for the same thing? Thanks everyone!
    Last edited by Jacksmissis; 26-05-2017 at 07:54 AM.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post