Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cutting Mats for Silhouette

Post Thanks / Like

Ha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Julie, Ha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Two and two make four...........but now and then they add up to three and occasionally, just occasionally its five !

Post Thanks / Like

Have only had time for a quick look but I think it is using images from V3 not what I see on V4. I just looked up how to turn off one of the two carriages which is simple in V3 but I haven't fathomed in V4.
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

How do you know which size of mat you need before you purchase an image ?

I bought six images the other day which I assumed would fit 12 X 12 but I think they were designed for the bigger mat as I was all over the place trying to resize.

Post Thanks / Like

I hope this makes sense. You have to play with the different elements making sure you resize in ratio smaller or larger, then shift the bits on and off the virtual cutting mat to cut all the bits you need for your project. I like to make accordian books. At first when I ungrouped bits I was forever losing cut lines or score lines but I am more adept now. Once I have got everything I save the project in its broken up bits for next time and you always have the original in the library if you really mess up.
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks PinkPig, I will have another go tomorrow. I ended up with bits the wrong shape and all over the place. I had no idea I had bought a file that was 24 X 12.

Post Thanks / Like

I never can tell what's in the file until I download onto the design page.
    I have had another look at the free ebook - it does cover V4 , the latest one, but not had a chance to look properly still.

Post Thanks / Like

I have been using PETG clear plastic sheet which works quite well but you cant buy the 12" x 12". Get a larger size and cut it down bc 12"x12" mats are actually larger in size (the border)